1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Durant be better than James?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, Sep 12, 2010.

?

Will Durant be better than James?

1. Yes

233 vote(s)
    58.5%
  2. No

165 vote(s)
    41.5%
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Poll is biased.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

As a scorer, absolutely. But less than 3 apg for a franchise guy with the ball in his hands that much...I'm not putting him over James until that changes.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Durant for sure.

I have serious questions on how Lebron will age as a player when his athleticism decreases in the next 3 or 4 years. Durants game is much better and should age very well. His shot has great form and will improve as a playmaker.

4. Audioout

Audioout Member

I've been saying for a long time now that Lebron would be the very good player in the time between the Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant legacies.

5. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

I didn't know both Lebron and Kevin entered the league when they were 19. So did Lebron flunk a grade? I wouldn't be surprised if he did. :grin:

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He'll never beat the stats, but he can be a better winner. Some of the moves he's shown in the FIBA tournament Lebron has no chance of ever topping.

Because we know his effort and passion for the game will always be there, Durant's ceiling is that of a 6'11 Kobe or Jordan. Time remains to see if he gets there, but from what we've seen so far there's no reason not to believe he won't keep improving.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Two big reasons KD doesn't get more assists: (1) He has a legit PG in Westbrook. LeBron never had such a thing, has always been the point player and completely dominates the ball like few ever have. Allen Iverson averaged over 6 APG for his career because he dominated the ball. (2) OKC has always been a poor offensive team with poor offensive players outside of KD. Westbrook stepped up last year but he's their PG and rarely scores off assists.

That all said, LeBron is cleary a better passer and is superior at setting up other players.

8. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Durant is a freakin' monster. I don't think there's any question he'll be better than James, as long as he stays healthy. For a guy his height to do the stuff he does... smh

I can't image what he'll be like after a few more summers working out, putting on weight, adding to his game..

9. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How would you compare Durant and Carmelo Anthony as passers?

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

If he doesn't choose to be married to Dwayne Wade, I am sure he will.

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Durant i think is better has a higher ceiling then James. Durant will continue to improve while i think James wont. Having Wade and Bosh on your team will deflate his statistics. I question James game when he gets older. James, Wade and Anthony are alike in a way of scoring, but really nothing like Kobe and McGrady. I'm talking overall offensive package as the other three struggle in certain spots on the floor.

13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Durant is good but I just don't see him surpassing Lebron. Lebron just does so much more for a team besides scoring.

14. WillG

WillG Member

The same Durant that wasnt even better than Westbrook in the playoffs is better than James now? So many biased votes

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Similar right now, except there is no doubt KD will become a better passer going forward. After 7 seasons, Melo just hasn't developed much beyond being a scorer.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Feel like you guys misread the poll question. It's not who do you like more :rolleyes:

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

no. it's a pretty easy answer. don't know why you need a poll.

one is a dominant scorer, and one is a dominant ALL-AROUND player.

18. yaonow

yaonow Member

lol everyone is clearly blinded by "the decision"

19. yaonow

yaonow Member

how can you say durant is a better scorer when lebron scored more than him at age 21 and got way more assists and similar rebound numbers? And got deeper in the playoffs?

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and durant may follow the same path. some players just don't have it.

durant appears to be like melo, but he's a MUCH better scorer and will only get better in that aspect. and he likes to rebound, something melo only likes to do when he wants to.