1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omri Casspi's mural defaced in SAC

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 9, 2010.

1. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

ugh. don't you just want to punch people in the face sometimes for this kind of crap. completeley disrespectful. i'd like to find the dude who did it, couple him with that minister whose leading the burning of the korans (sp?), and just have an all out beatdown on them. maybe rush limbaugh as well :grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Perhaps. It's aided by constant social media barrage and big media amplification.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Thats lame, but Omri Casspi's mural is lamer.

4. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

On Rosh Hashanah, too.

For those who don't know, today (along with Yom Kippur) is one of the two holiest days in the Jewish year. It would be like some openly Christian player waking up Christmas morning to a burning cross in his yard. Awful.

5. Dei

Dei Member

You will be remembered for a very long time.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Touche'.

7. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

NBA TV ran a special on Casspi over the weekend and it basically outlined where he is from and his fan following. I'm sure someone watched it and thought it would be funny to deface the mural.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Omar needs to break off some krav maga in somebodies ass.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I watched it and gained a greater appreciation for him after watching it.

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I can't believe you think there still aren't racists in the world.

11. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Yeah, I thought it was really good.

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

He need not present evidence against the point you haven't supported yet, not being a dick, I'd like to know your reasoning as well. I don't know much about Cassipri.

13. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

14. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

Hmm. Their stats are pretty similar.

-They both shot around 44% from the field last seaon, and 37% from downtown. Omri shot more 2 Pters while Chase shot more 3's.

- Chase shot better from the free throw line with 77% and Omri 67%. Omri got more attempts though.

-Omri gets more rebounds per game with 4.5 vs 3.0 of Chase but that could just be because he plays more minutes.

The rest of the stats (steals, blocks) are similar except TO's and PF's which Chase has less of but that could also be a result of more minutes played by Omri.

Athleticism? Obviously Chase has got more hops but Omri has the height advantage of 2 inches.

Conclusion? I have watched both players play in games and they both play with great passion. It's a draw. We will see this upcoming season.

15. rimshot

rimshot Member

tittle eh?

16. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

mazyar?

17. trustme

trustme Member

With all the scratching over it, the "swastika" looks like a stick figure running.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

That's unfortunate. I agree that the media is playing straight to the hands of the vandals.

I'm thinking the artist can still save this mural and paint a headband or something over it.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Chase will probably end up a better overall shooter while Omri, due to his length and toughness, is better overall in the paint and rebounding. But the main difference for me is that Omri is solid on D and has a huge killer instinct to make you plays when needed. And Chase, whether it be in college, his rookie season, or even the recent summer league - just disappears too often.

20. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

Stupid media missed a great opportunity to make the vandal feel like a dumba**.

The media should have said that "A fan of Omri Casspi shows his support by drawing a Buddhism good-health symbol on Omri's mural ..."