1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ESPN]Source: Bulls discussing Noah in deal for Melo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketMania1991, Sep 9, 2010.

1. lalala902102001

I was impressed by Noah's performance last season. The Bulls were a much better team with him in the lineup. However, I have my doubts about Noah's durability as he already apears to be breaking down. He will also soon be due for an extension and he will ask for close to max if not the max. If I were the Bulls GM and I could get Melo for Noah I'd go for it.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Go to Chicago Melo !!!

You and Miami can beat the crap out of each other for years.

See ya in the finals baby !!

If you can get there.....lol....

DD

3. devilsdandruff

That's it,were not getting him so might as well move on and take that melo picture of the clutchfans home screen :)

4. yaonow

yaonow Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AN0WqSeCKW8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AN0WqSeCKW8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

lol noah seems like a cool honest guy

1 person likes this.
  5. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

That's it... wait, am I too late to the party?

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This post could not be further from the truth from my knowledge of all things NBA.

First off Noah was born in 1985, making him 25 years old. He played 64 games last season, not including the playoffs. It would hardly appear that he was breaking down.

Noah being 25 years old would not make him an attractive option to a rebuilding team, not to mention he is on the last year of his rookie contact.

So Denver should want to trade a star player for a big man that is about to enter his prime meanwhile being due for a huge payday?

Absolutely not. Further more Noah is not worth anything close to the max. I would expect him to get around a Kevin Martin sized contract, especially if even a few of the big men from this past years draft come to realize even a slight percentage of the potential they have.

7. Ballin_Rocket

Ballin_Rocket Member

That's it,were not getting him so might as well move on and take that melo picture of the clutchfans home screen :eek:

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

I think without Noah, there wouldn't be a inside presence to make up for Boozer's lack of defense. If they can somehow get Melo without giving up Noah, Rose, or Boozer then I'm all for it. They would be SERIOUS contenders.

9. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

Chicago? What happened to Lala's glamorous career hindering Melos decision....

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This chick is getting on my nerves. She makes peanuts compared to him and doesn't even need a career.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If noah is included in the deal, then it's pretty much a done deal.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep. Centers are hard to come by.

Just shows you what kind of player general managers around the league think Melo is.

13. worzel gummidge

No way Chicago would want this info out. Denver's leaking this.

14. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

There is no way the Bulls are a top 8 team in the league, let alone a top 5. They are the Utah Jazz with Rose instead of Williams, and Williams is better.

God, I hate the Jazz

15. Bids9

Bids9 Member

The Bulls souldnt give up Noah for James, Wade, Bosh???? I smell a rat

16. Bids9

Bids9 Member

*wouldnt

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I used to live in Denver, so this trade talk is interesting. I think Carmelo is gone.

I was just sent my yearly preseason "insider" newsletter by email, and only Chauncey is the face of the Nuggets. I only noticed it because I sit courtside with the douche bag Denver fans when the Rockets come to town.

To me, it's suggestive of the fact that the Nuggets and Melo are parting ways.

18. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Definitely. If he is not coming to us I hope he goes east. That's one less hurdle the Rockets have to go through on our road the finals!

19. deleah09

deleah09 Member

andre igudala?

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

why?

noah is due for a pretty big raise after this year. pretty sure he is a RFA and some team will throw a big offer sheet at him. then you have deng's contract which is pretty bad for what he gives. plus they just signed al harrington which would make acquiring deng (even though he is better) redundant. they would be paying nearly 18.5 mil per year for 3 years if they have deng and harrington and they won't be able to play on the court together.

sorry but this trade makes very little sense for denver unless they can unload deng to someone else needing a slightly above average very overpaid 3.