1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson Signs With PEAK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G0 R0CKETS, Sep 9, 2010.

1. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Lock if already posted.

http://counterkicks.com/2010/09/08/patrick-patterson-signs-with-peak/

[​IMG]

PEAK officially announced today a three-year endorsement signing with Patrick Patterson. The Houston Rockets rookie and No. 14 overall pick in the 2010 NBA draft joins fellow teammates Shane Battier and Kyle Lowry on the PEAK player roster.

“We are very excited mainly because this is the first player signed by PEAK SPORTS USA and not by PEAK China,” said Allison Douglas, PEAK Public Relations Coordinator. “We are also excited because Patterson is young and has great potential in his career. He is exactly what we are looking for: a player that can grow with the company.”

Patterson is expected to wear PEAK’s coming team footwear line in Rockets-based colorways for the 2010-2011 NBA season. More info to come as it develops.

2. parmesh

parmesh Member

Yao Ming, Yao Ming Yao Ming Yao Ming!
    Yao Ming, Yao Ming!

3. joesr

joesr Member

lol, yup

4. MD_in_Training

I wonder how much they're paying him. It might be on par with his salary.

5. stanlam301

stanlam301 Contributing Member

What a surprise! :)

6. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Hmmm, what guy on the team could hook this up? ;)

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He deserves it. Way to go Patman! :)

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If Melo is smart, he would want to be a global icon that comes with being a Houston Rocket. If a rookie who has yet to play a single game can get endorsement deals in China, imagine what Melo can do over there.

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

No matter how hard I try to read a thread that has nothing to do with Melo, Melo still comes up.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, pretty smart move by PatPat. Expect great things from him this season!

10. MD_in_Training

Smart move? I mean, it's pretty much a no-brainer for him to sign with Peak. Even if he breaks out in the next few years, he can just sign with a bigger company after this current contract expires.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Uh yeah its a smart move. He could get PAID to wear a company's shoes, or he could just go and buy his own shoes to wear..

Umm, He chose to get paid.

12. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

I'm pleasantly surprised by this player endorsement package. Patrick and his parents are probably tickled pink. Hopefully Patrick Patterson and Peak will have a prolonged partnership.

:p

13. darmor90

darmor90 Member

I think every Rockets fan should sport PEAK shoes. Why not? I'm sure you can find them online.

14. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

The shoes are quite nice looking :)

China has truly advanced a long way with their shoe designing capabilities.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'd wear a pair that look like the ones Pat has on. Very, very nice! Where can I get some? Congratulations are in order for Patterson, and the possible guys Morey might be interested in trading for have agents that will notice. Just another example of The Yao Influence!

16. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Actually, come to think about it, congratulations are also in order for PEAK. Shoe sponsorship is a two way thing, and with Patterson, they couldn't have picked a better ambassador, a player of maturity, character and a good role model, to represent them and their brand :)

17. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Congrats Pat! (the new number font still throws me off in that pic) I really like his shoes.
    http://www.okbuyshoes.com has some NBA player endorsed Peak shoes, but it doesn't have very many sizes in stock. Battier's shoe has my size, and I do need some new basketball shoes. A little pricy though for a shoe I haven't even heard reviews for.
    They sure make these shoes hard to find and purchase.

18. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Can't there be one thread without Melo being mentioned... we don't need the guy and obviously we don't want him that bad if it hasn't already happened. Let it go

19. MD_in_Training

Wtf... Sasha Vujacic has a Peak shoe? That just destroyed the brand for me.

20. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

exactly my thoughts