1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

El Taconazo Taco Truck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by macalu, Sep 7, 2010.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I was introduced to this roach coach this past weekend. Gotta say without a doubt this is one of the best mexican food places in town. the barbacoa and fajita were tender and succulent and the corn tortillas were perfection. I can't believe i've been in Houston this long and never heard of this place.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-taconazo-taco-truck-houston

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ not hispanic???? :confused:

Ask for the QUESADILLA De Fajita next time. The meat is cooked and grilled to perfection.

It's a succulent party in your tongue of mixed Mexican Monterrey Mozzarella cheeses and Fajitas, all going up in your stomach... :eek: A+, would visit again.

Been there, done that, sir. Also, don't expect to come and get your order quickly. It's been there for years and the lines to wait are much longer every time.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Fulton? I'd rather not have to be strapped ordering tacos.

And how can you say this place is great while calling it a "Roach Coach"?

4. WillG

WillG Member

never heard of that place and im hispanic

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

6. macalu

risk and reward, baby! it's that good.

7. SwoLy-D

I don't understand why you'd be "strapped." What do you mean by this, to your seat belt? :confused:

You have to step out and order in line, then the dude will call out your name. :cool:

If you're not from the neighborhood, don't act like it. "Act like you've been there." People will tell and you'll be an easy prey. Just go there, get your tacos, and get out. If you're REALLY that scared, just take some Mexicans (like me) with you that will say "¿Qué onda, güey?" in our native accent to the cooks... ;)

8. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

That looks really good. Though I have a hard time believing it is better than the almighty Taqueria Latino!!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/latino-taqueria-houston

This is the best pleace I have ever eaten. So cheap. So good. Their red sauce is the single greatest thing created by man.

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

He means it's in a rough area of town. I wouldn't go down to those parts unless I'm with at least a couple of my homies and strapped up.

10. SwoLy-D

LOL! ^ Now I get it. :grin:

[​IMG]

;)

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

y'all take things too seriously, if you feel the need to be strapped just to get lunch in the middle of the day.

Swoly, is the quesadilla the one advertised for 1.50 in the link?? How large is that?

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We're not talking about Beechnut ;)

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Ahh El Taconazo!! Been going there for like 17 years!! I played ball for Moody park and that was our after game eatery of choice.
    Not to mention all the times we hit it up after hours on our way home from a night out. And like SwoLy pointed out the quesadillas are awesome and also los frijoles rancheros.

#13 Blurr#7, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  14. SwoLy-D

That's what she asked. :(

I agree with you about the seriousness of lunch in the 'hood. Don't believe the hype, it's a sequel. As an equal, can I get this through to you?

The one in the photo in macalu's OP link is the flagship TACO with two tortillas to hold all the fajitas with which it comes.

The Quesadilla De Fajita is advertised in the other photo as 1.75 and it's the same size and ingredients as the Taco, but the fajita is drenched in the cheese.

Both the Quesadilla and Taco use the same size tortillas of about 6" in diameter (that's what SHE WISHED!)... :cool:

15. macalu

it was $1.75, the same size as the taco. i wished i bought more than one. btw, there was a cop patrolling the parking lot if that makes you feel better. :grin:

16. SwoLy-D

They weren't there to patrol, macalu, they were there to order... they probably get them for FREE. :grin:
    :mad: darn it!!! It's SwoLy, man!! SwoLy!!!!

:p i kid.

17. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

OMG yes that place is DA B O M B!!!

Their tacos are so delicious. We stop by there after a night out once in a while. YUMMY.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Wouldn't that be ON your tongue or in your MOUTH, sir? :( :eek: :confused: :)

2 people like this.
  19. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

too far from where i stay :(

20. SwoLy-D

Good catch. :eek: I fail. Maybe I was typing "in" your mouth... but... I still FAIL'd.