1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Los Angeles Clippers Epic 2010-2011 Preview

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 31, 2010.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Actually, most people would've traded Yao for Griffin if Yao was in his rookie years. Many considered Yao a bust early on. The only thing that would've stopped the trade is the mass income the Rockets receive from Chinese fans.

The real question is who will be the better player in their prime. Yao developed into a dominant post centre who many considered to be the best centre in the league on several occasions. We'll see how far Griffin goes. An early knee injury is not a good sign for your athletism in the near future.

2. Asian Sensation

I don't disagree that Wall will be good. I just don't think he's going to be as good as some say he will be AKA a "stud right away". Yes, he has size, speed, work ethic and smarts but it usually takes point guards some time to get accustomed to the league and learn the position at the pro level. Also, I'm curious to see how Wall reacts to adversity and struggles. He had some character issues in college and his Wizards team is going to be attrocious. How's he going to react when he faces challenges and when his team is not winning all the time?

Griffin on the other hand, while his injury history can't be ignored I think it's a little far-fetched for him to pick up an injury-prone label. The guy is only 21 years old and I'd be willing to bet he hasn't lost any athleticism from his setback. He's also 6'10 and 250+ pounds. How exactly is he undersized? Furthermore, he plays bigger than he really is.

I think Griffin will have a better pro career than Wall and I also think Griffin has a chance to be one of the top PF's of all time with the likes of Duncan, Garnett, Malone, Barkley etc.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is probably not even worth posting, but it's interesting:
    strong rumors in Cali sports radio that Baron Davis has been spotted and confirmed as significantly overweight this offseason. We'll see.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Whoah, whoah.. isn't that jumping the gun a little bit there?

6. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

that was a pretty sick preview. i enjoyed it

7. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

lol @ brian cook

8. Ballin_Rocket

Ballin_Rocket Member

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Griffin's skin color annoys me...he'll be fun to watch though.