1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Draftexpress] Kyle Lowry taking basketball practice at basketball gym

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 31, 2010.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Any links to a Patterson workout?

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yea....the most uptempo PG in the league should mesh well with the slowest half court player.

Basketball rhetoric that has absolutely no meaning. Rafer was a pass first point guard and he was terrible with Yao.

Yes he really is.

Ariza traded, problem fixed!

Actually its probably less. Brooks is being underated defensively.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He posted this about 3 hours ago.

https://twitter.com/pdpatt/status/22712708106

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Brooks can score in the halfcourt, where Lowry struggles. To me it's a question of playing styles. Lowry thrives in transition. He also benefits when the offense is a little helter-skelter(sp?) because he can hustle for loose balls and crash the offensive boards, where he draws tons of fouls. Yao does not thrive in either of those settings.

I know Adelman is flexible, but I feel we'll run a more controlled and slower offense next year. Brooks is not great at that either, but he has a lot more potential in that setting than Lowry.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And I thought this was about Lowry "hittin' the gym." Aren't there half a dozen Lowry versus Brooks discussions already?

6. redao

redao Member

yes, non-stop Brooks hating. Good job, my Chinese friends.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I hope that Lowry can improve his shooting percentage by more practice. I know J. Kidd improved his shooting by the later stage of his career, that should be a case for Lowry. He should improve his shooting each year, and eventually become be a complete PG by shooting three at ~40%.

8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Brooks is the starter. this should be undisputed. Especially with Yao coming back and all the wide open 3's the PG should see.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you DD, and Larsv8 have to be the biggest AB nut huggers on this board. If AB ever gets traded I don't know how you guys will take it.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't know, how did you make out after Ariza got dumped?

;)

Go Kyle Lowry.......glad to see him working out even after his payday.

DD

#30 DaDakota, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I agree with everything except the not being a bad shooter part. He is a bad shooter. Just as bad as everyone thinks.

12. redao

redao Member

Since AB is starting for this team and improving now, I am going to sit back and enjoy the madness and stupidity of YOFs.

I don't know if AB will be traded or not but I know I am not going to hate anyone like you guys are doing....well I do hate YOFs.

There is nothing wrong to be a nuthugger of Yao,JVG, Rafer and Lowry, the non-stop hating of the other member of their own team is what puts YOFs in the low-bred.

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Kyle Lowry!! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I am not nor ever been a YOF. I really don't care about any particular player (Ariza is gone now :( ) but I do think that AB's number will suffer with Yao and Martin now being the #1 and #2 options on this team. Martin and a healthy Yao (hopefully) are who I want with the most shots on this team. Unless AB has improved his post passing (which is a joke) he won't fit well with Yao as our Point Guard. I expect Lowry to get the starting job sometime this year because of a trade.

15. Ballin_Rocket

Ballin_Rocket Member

i want iggy right now :mad:

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/paGHGGwYCxo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/paGHGGwYCxo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

My favorite Kyle Lowry vid!

17. 45souf

45souf Member

i can see why we will trade AB...good look ing out lowry...

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sorry bud I had a brain fart earlier.

No vids posted of his workouts but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'll check that out for you.

He posts a work out tweet daily so it shouldn't be hard if he's willing to have someone tape it for us.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lowry lives in the paint. I love it.

20. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

I love lowry, that trade could be my fav one under Morey so far, he is a great character guy and he embodies exactly what being a houston rocket is all about....

This thing about Brooks defense i think is completely overexaggerated. If brooks was 6-3 with the same defense he wouldnt even come close to getting half of this bad rap. Its all about perception, and since hes listed as 6-0 (and that is laughable), he is supposedly a bad defender bc all he has is speed and he cant guard bigger pg's. If you go back and look at some big games PG's have had against brooks, you will see that alot of those points were made from jump shots. I have seen brooks hold his own on defense in the post a surprising amount of times.

With that being said he will not be the starter of this team unless Brooks is traded. Brooks defense is not good, but it doesnt hurt us as much as Lowry's shooting liability would with Yao on the court.... Lets get this straight here first. I believe both players could run this team effectively from the starting role. I hate the arguement that people say "Lowry hasnt played with Yao a full year so you dont know how well he will play with him." Yes thats true, but neither has brooks. Brooks has started with Yao from only the trade deadline to the playoffs two seasons ago, so that arguement can go both ways. It just really depends on what kind of dynammic we want our pg to add to our starting squad. I do believe that AB should be the starter and has a higher ceiling than Lowry, but lowry could be a solid J-Kidd knockoff, getting you like 14-6-8 with some solid D.

Either way i love them both. I would hate to lose either of them. Go Rockets!!