1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2010-11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Do you think Josh Smith could fit with the Rockets and fill our defensive void?

1. Yes

460 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. No Way we need someone else

94 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jeffries, Hill, Taylor and NY 2012 pick should do it.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I believe Josh Smith would prove to be tough on this team, and Crawford lights out behind Lowry...but, depending on pkg, would also love Melo...depending on package.

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

iggy only averaged like wat 2 more points than ariza last year on a bad team...i do agree that iggy is better than ariza but just slightly. so to me it doesnt justify trading for him when we just got rid of a similar player.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

PPG is not a good indicator of how much better a player is.

Iggy is better than Ariza in just about every way.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

For example, Iggy isn't...delusional. ;)

6. Ballin_Rocket

Ballin_Rocket Member

iggy has a more exotic name

7. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

Rockets get Melo & Iggy in 3 team blockbuster !!!

DEN & PHI get what they covet...salary freedom for 2011 & young talent !!!

http://games.espn.g o.com/nba/tradeMachi ne?tradeId=2dloxqx

Check this out !!!

8. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

Rockets get Melo & Iggy in 3 team blockbuster !!!

DEN & PHI get what they covet...salary freedom for 2011 & young talent !!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2dloxqx

This is CRAZY !!!... If any Rox fan says no to this you're insane. Hell, Morey should throw in any DRAFT pick we have for the next 2 years to a team who says no...

I'm a long time Rox fan and love what Battier, Chuck, Chase, and JT bring to our team, but for a chance to solidify our team for years to come, they gotta go !!!

Solid Defense w/ Major Scorers !!!

Brooks / Lowry / Smith
    Iggy / Martin / Lee
    Anthony / Meeks
    Scola / Anderson
    Yao / Miller

9. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Your link for the purposed trade doesn't work and from the looks of it you didn't give up nearly what it would take to acquire both of those players since martin brooks, lee, and scola are still on the roster.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

This might work.......

in NBA 2k10

11. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

I hope the link works this time. I got bored at work and one thing led to another until I finally got it to work. I know it the trade machine but give it a chance...

Everyone was talking about trading for either Melo, Iggy, or Granger but no one wanted to trade any starters or Lowry doing it. I dont think Larry Bird is ever gonna trade Granger...He actually might be harder to get than CP3... I might be mistaken but every so often Iggy always seems to end up in a trade rumor. This could mean that depending on the trade, Philly could be interested. The biggest thing for them is that they are not winning and they have a very young team and have recently drafted guards who play the 2 spot. Eventually someone out there is gonna say to themself, "we are paying this guy [Iggy] to much for what we are getting out of these young guys"....hence TRADE RUMOR...

DENVER...well there is no secret to the entire Melo drama...but i started to think about what it is that they truly want in return...they will not get a scorer in return from either the Rockets or the Nets...remember that Melo still wants to win whereever he lands and if he is still the only scorer on the team when he gets there, its Denver all over again...no team is going to give up that much based on the current situation...realistically I think they want "assets" and pieces that they can build on or with...the answer to what they really want and will need if they trade Melo and/or JR Smith [who i feel that have had about enough of] is...freedom and a new start...nothing gives a new GM (Denver) job security more than a scrub team in a rebuilding mode...Houston is about the only team that can give them a jump start on that rebuilding track with all the assets we have built...

Then you have the Rockets...this team is built around Yao and obviously we probly have about a 3-5 (max) year window with him trying to do it...so you have to think that the rockets go ALL in pretty soon...so what is it that we would need around Yao to make the team successful...SCORING and athleticism...who better can bring us that than Melo (scoring) & Iggy (athleticism & D)... according to the trade machine it could work and 3 teams get completly rebuilt...but they all basically get what they want...

Look closely at the contracts in the trade machine and you will see that both DEN & PHI are only getting back players that have expiring contracts or a immediate usable young servicable starter. Is the trade far fetched, HELL YES, but after looking at it, it started to make a little since.

And this doesn't include draft picks that the rockets or any of the other involved teams could throw around if they needed to sweetened the deal...

Just think what if ??? ... have fun ... dont be so serious ... none of us can make the Rockets decisions anyway. But if this goes down, who could beat us.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2eljda7

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Havent kicked in a trade in awhile.....

How about Patterson+Taylor+2nd rounder for Anthony Randolph.

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

ROX_fan_CT is Ron Artest's shot selection -- kind of spotty.
    :p

14. valorita

valorita Member

I wonder if Minn would do a Brooks for Rubio.

15. joesr

joesr Member

straight up? hell no, from the Rockets side. Proven for unproven??

16. Garner

Garner Member

Second rounder for lotto pick?

17. joesr

joesr Member

what add a second rounder to AB?? I know your not saying the overall 26th pick in the first round 3 years ago was a second rounder?????

And I know your not comparing a proven player to that of unproven NBA player (just cause he had a little luck vs some nba stars in FIBA).

Would you like me to start listing off NBA lottery players who were bust to show you how foolish of a mistake this could be?

Rubio would be a sweetener to a deal, but not the main piece for crying outloud.

18. Garner

Garner Member

My bad, I was thinking we got AB later than 26th pick. Regardless, I'm not advocating for Brooks - Rubio straight up, but was instead offering a different point of view on a trade that would not be out of the realm of possibility for Daryl.

We all know Daryl and his scouts pride themselves on there ability to find talent late (Landry, Brooks, Budinger). Then take that talent and flip it for a premium. With Brooks coming off his MIP season we still do not have a top 10 PG, but have a pretty highly paid backup. Moreover, with the addition of Martin we need our PG to shoot less and create more.

Now then, if you have enough confidence to pay Lowry what you did- is it truly out of the realm of possibility to trade a PG that is outside of the top 10 for a guy who is notorious for his ability to pass and create? Oh, and don't forget his defense.

Again, Brooks for Rubio- no. But you have to be kidding me if you think:

Spanish national team
    FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship: Bronze Medal (2005)
    FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship: Gold Medal (2006)
    2008 Olympics Basketball Tournament: Silver Medal
    2009 FIBA European Championship: Gold Medal

Personal awards
    MVP of the FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship: he averaged 22.3 points, 12.8 rebounds, 7.1 assists, 6.5 steals. In the final, accumulated 51 points, 24 rebounds, 12 assists and 7 steals.
    2× led the Spanish ACB League in steals: (2007, 2009)
    Won the Spanish ACB League Rising Star Award: (2007)
    3× FIBA European Young Player of the Year: (2007, 2008, 2009)
    2× Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard: (2008, 2010)
    2× All-Spanish ACB League Team: (2008, 2010)
    Mr. Europa European Player of the Year: (2008)
    Spanish ACB League Defensive Player of the Year: (2009)
    Catalan Tournament MVP: (2009)
    Euroleague Rising Star: (2010)
    Won the Spanish ACB League Top 5 Trophy: Most Spectacular Player of the Year (2010)

I think the kid has proven its a bit more than a "little luck"

19. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Trade Machine gives me a headache. Trades like the one you did on the trade machine give me migraines.

20. joesr

joesr Member

Honestly, what he did at Fiba was awesome. What worries me is was it luck? Was it ego on American side thinking they didnt have to play too hard. Is it something that Rubio can do day in and day out and continue to improve.

So yeah that would worry me.