1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Carmelo Anthony update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Merla08, Aug 25, 2010.

1. psingh34

psingh34 Member

2. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Wrong of you to assume the reasons for Melo wanting out. I think the writing is on the wall that he is NOT returning to Denver. If he wanted to be there or believed in the team he would have signed the extension already.

I also disagree that if he leaves our chances our slim. IMO we have the best chance to land him and are in the lead. It's about the money$$$ and the chance to create a legacy and win a championship. If Melo wants the money he will save a ton playing here in Houston without having to pay the income tax. It will further open the doors to marketing deals to the biggest market on earth in China, and I'm sure this would not hinder his wife's career. It doesn't matter where the hell she lives, she can travel just like him for work and gigs all over the country, she does not have to be located in NY or LA.

Finally he has the BEST chance of winning a championship here. Melo has stated that one of the reasons he is hesitant is because he is not confident in the direction that Denver's management is taking the team. If MANAGEMENT is so important to him why the hell would he trust the circus that is NY or LA Clippers when he can clearly see that the Rockets under Morey have one of the best run organizations in the league with a team that is ready to compete right now.

3. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Jeeze, what GM would want to go there at this point? You either become the guy who pulls the trigger that starts a rebuilding or the guy left picking up the pieces. Unless you're a GM with a great history and a lot of good faith going in, you're putting yourself in quite a predicament.

Expect an interim GM patsy till they find one crazy enough to take the job. Good luck to the GM crazy enough to take the position.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

that's exactly comments ppl used in bosh's chasing. ppl tend to forget their pain too fast.

denver w/ him is a damn good team, one of top 3 teams in wc. if melo leaving is the writing on the wall like you said, i am wondering why he choose to leave. bosh chosed miami at the time miami had no one but wade. why did bosh make his decision at that time? it's obvious now wade, lebron, and bosh had already made the decision before everyone was talking about free agents. now back to melo, he has been doing good in denver. denver shows loyalty to him by offering max extension. why does he suddenly want out? i can't answer those questions hanging over my head. but i learnt the lesson from the bosh's chaos. i am not going to believe until melo said in public by himself.

5. Siu0410

Siu0410 Member

I complete agree with you. That is why this speculation stuff is pretty useless.
    The whole Chris Bosh deal had the whole community ended up being upset.

The media is full of dirty tricks... let's just lay back and observe.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

how did that work out for chris bosh?

bigger media market and opportunities in the entertainment industry are 2 of the main reasons for melo's possible departure from denver.

those have been stated over and over.

denver is just a year removed from the WCF. if he REALLY wants to win a ring and be THE MAN (yao would still be a bigger "star" than him in the media in houston), why not stay in denver? it's not like denver is on the decline. if george karl coached them in the playoffs, they probably would have advanced deeper in the playoffs.

ask yourself why he wants to leave a team a year removed from the WCF? still has plenty of talent? a great coach. and an organization who wants him and wants him to be the face of their franchise?

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Did Morey actually say Martin and Hill, as though that was his thinking? :p
    I ask because I believe that Martin is going to be able to score as much as Jello on our team, the Rockets, led by Yao Ming and AB :p

8. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

doubtful, since he's filming a movie in China right now.

9. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

Jebus beat me to it.

He is filming in Shanghai right now.

http://twitter.com/carmeloanthony

Must have been a doppelganger. :p

10. kevtse

kevtse Member

please don't approach Camelo, this will be another huge mistake like the acquisitiono of Tmac a decade ago.

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Wrong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5495214

That sure doesn't sound like someone dying to re-sign with his team.

12. conquistador#11

This was probably written while feigan was on the toilet, not exactly any new info to call it an update.

13. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

it was probably T.I , he's in Houston

14. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

1. Morey: "yeah, we are trying to get Melo....blah blah"

Phone rings and DM answers, oh it's Stern: "Hey Daryl, remember that 100k fine we gave to Jeff a few years ago? Get ready to bend over and take it too. "

2. Melo: " Oh yeah I really want to go to Houston..."

Phone rings and Melo answers....you get the point.

They can't talk about that kind of thing. You see there's this rule about tampering and Stern seems to be paranoid about it lately.

15. BrooksnLowry

BrooksnLowry Member

Alex Kennedy from Hoopsworld has this to say about Melo to HOU:

Houston takes care of their players and they could put together a package to land Anthony without blowing up their team. Most of the teams that Anthony is interested in would have to give the pieces that make them so attractive just to land him. Houston, on the other hand, has Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Shane Battier, Luis Scola, Yao Ming, Courtney Lee, Patrick Patterson, Chuck Hayes, etc. so even if they move two of those players to land Anthony, they're still a very good team. With that said, I received a text from one agent several days ago that said, "Carmelo Anthony has more interest in playing for the Sioux Falls Skyforce than he does in playing for Houston, who could not even pay him." Just something to keep in mind, not everyone thinks Anthony wants to be a Rocket.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That's actually good news bc hoopswold is utter crap.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

so this is an update...?? :confused:

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it's no difference from other media reports. they're all crap. the media just keep throwing out one rumor after another. they know one of them will be true after they explore every possibility.

19. senter

senter Member

I dont know if anyone else here reads the hoopsworld chats but Alex Kennedy had this to say when someone asked why melo wants to come to houston:

"Houston takes care of their players and they could put together a package to land Anthony without blowing up their team. Most of the teams that Anthony is interested in would have to give the pieces that make them so attractive just to land him. Houston, on the other hand, has Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Shane Battier, Luis Scola, Yao Ming, Courtney Lee, Patrick Patterson, Chuck Hayes, etc. so even if they move two of those players to land Anthony, they're still a very good team. With that said, I received a text from one agent several days ago that said, "Carmelo Anthony has more interest in playing for the Sioux Falls Skyforce than he does in playing for Houston, who could not even pay him." Just something to keep in mind, not everyone thinks Anthony wants to be a Rocket."

not sure if this is reliable or not but just something i wanted to mention

link:
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1116

20. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

someone beat you by posting this crap :grin: