1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao and Morey full interviews after workout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nicksta, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

Meant to post this as a new thread. Stumbled across these three clips, two of which seem to be complete audio from interviews with DM and Yao. The other is a reporter type track from one of the writers at Heart of a Champion. Here is the link: http://heartofchampion.com/home/

2. Moahst

Moahst Member

Good stuff! Yao can be so difficult to understand sometimes..

3. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

I know in his full interview I could hardley understand a word he was saying, has come light years from not even being able to speak english his first few years in the league though. Have you seen his documentary?

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

interesting i am gonna guess that is your blog that you are trying to pimp out seeing how you posted it twice already and the first time around it was merged or deleted.

i believe trying to promote your own rockets based site isnt looked upon kindly

5. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

Nope just forgot to create a thread instead of posting in another one. It does sound like Yao is coming along, but I heard on 610 today that he was falling for Chuck Hayes' pump fakes a lot during the workouts which is not a good sign at all. I mean Chuck Hayes...

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Yoyo, that is a really popular Rockets site. He is not promoting it.

7. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Cant fault Yao.

Hayes was hitting jumpshots on him

8. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

I need to watch the video havent seen it yet...I just heard this and assumed the worst knowing Chuck's past offensive production

9. bj2flyy

bj2flyy Member

Nice to see that yao still has that nice soft touch around the basket...

10. The_Yoyo

maybe just find it funny that he did create a new thread then the mods merge it with another thead then he created this one saying he "meant to create it as a separate thread"

and if he wasnt promoting it he wouldnt need to create a second thread when the first thread he created was merged with another Yao thread.

also consider that the first two entries on that site were made by a "Nick" and the OPs username is Nicksta

add those up and seems to me more that he didnt just "stumble" on the site but rather is trying to promote it

11. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Yao slips up and says Melo is a good teammate lol....

12. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

The YoYo hit it on the head. I was shamelessly trying to promote a blog I am a part of. It was selfish of me to use an amazing resource like Clutchfans to draw fans away to this web site. My sincerest apologies to all the contributing writers at Clutchfans, and Dave Hardesty, for abusing my privileges on this site. Podcast of me getting called out by David and Raheel on-air at 1560 the Game TBD:

13. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

way be be stand up nick

14. The_Yoyo

Learn to apologize better, you spelled Hardisty wrong :p

15. Puff

Puff Member

Nice job Nick,

Part of working at 1560 is discussing some mistakes. Way to handle it!

16. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Yea, you handled it well.. most posters here wouldnt have done that.

17. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

Here is me eating some more humble pie...the podcast as promised: <div>
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="210" height="25" id="mp3playerdarksmallv3" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerdarksmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/bz55rt/InternNickGettingCaughtonClutchfans8-25-10.mp3&autoStart=no" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <embed src="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerdarksmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/bz55rt/InternNickGettingCaughtonClutchfans8-25-10.mp3&autoStart=no" quality="high" width="210" height="25" name="mp3playerdarksmallv3" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed>
    </object>
    <br /><a style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; padding-left: 41px; color: #2DA274; text-decoration: none; border-bottom: none;" href="http://www.podbean.com">Powered by Podbean.com</a>
    </div>

18. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Umm.. just read some stuff on HOC.com and one article about Carmelo was almost ridiculous. The author, Nick, :rolleyes: said that hes tired of the rumors and Melo is "not coming to Houston this season or possibly the next" because of the same reason "Artest packed his bags and headed to Hollywood"..(his contract ended and he said he would resign but WE let him go, didnt offer him anything)..he said the reason is because Yao, and that no star would wanna come play in houston and along side him. Uhh, did carmelo not just list us as his no. 1 choice? And, nick says that Melo-Yao would be aight, but we would have to give up a combination of BOTH kmart and ab, pat, bud, and pick!! WTF!? He also keeps saying how we are a horrible destination for him, denver and NY are MUCH better, we have some small peices along side our centerpeice who is going to get injured, and that a better fit for him would be Denver/NY..also goes on to say that "experts say that NY is his favorite and where he will end up" when the expert of experts Woj just said that 2 of his sources close to Melo say NY is overstated and he wants to come here! Says he doesnt understand why Melo would wanna come here, we havent won a playoff series since 12 yrs, (we just won one 2 yrs back with a worst team, took la to 7) blah blah blah.. its almost like he isnt a rox fan, let alone been following them. I was just :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :mad: :confused: when i was reading this. Other rediculous stuff too.. he talks like an espn anchor who knows nothing but the standings from last yr. Disappointing, doesnt talk like a rockets website. this makes me appreciate clutchfans, clutch's, bimathug's, and yoyo's writing even more. Hell, he makes Dick Justice sound like Woj..

19. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Who were the 2 ppl talking?

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Nickst da Dicksta, you know what they say about people who assume. Please don't be an ass.