1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tru Blood (Premier)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DUCK2324, Sep 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Guess I have a question on one of the comments Maryanne made in the finale of season 2 that I have been waiting for something to come from that never did. Either I misunderstood or I missed something.

I don't remember the exact wording, but she said something like 'There are beings in this town even I don't understand/don't have control over/find strange/...' Don't remember exactly how she put it but I took it to mean other than vamps and shape shifters. I took Hoyt not seeming to fall for her affects to be the obvious allusion as he was the only human we saw not effected in the end.

Did I miss something or just read to much into a passing comment?

2. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Hmm...don't remember that. Was this before or after Sookie white-lighted her?

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I think after, but again not really sure. I'll have to rewatch the Season 2 finale tomorrow.

4. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

it's kinda like Spike in Buffy.
    but eric also realizes what sookie's blood can do for him. it gave bill the ability to daywalk. i agree eric is turning a lil too soft but hopefully they fix that.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I am pretty sure she was referring to Sookie and what she "is".

6. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

how is eric soft?

he staked a vampire, who was the kings lover, he's killed wolves this season, banged his stripper for 6 hrs ("is bill's stamina not up to snuff?"), stood up to the magister, the queen, the rep for the avl, the authority and now is left to handle the majorly pissed of king. hes fooled everyone with his charm and then cold bloodedly pulled the rug underneath their feet. what does he have to do?

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Ok. She tells Sookie that she lives off of human energy but can't channel Sookie's, which she claims is rare. Then she tacks on kind of as an afterthought that that Sookie is not unique in that within the town.

Sookie takes the comment to refer to Sam, which is obvious. Since just a minute before the comment they had flipped from Hoyt stopping his Mom from going to the "party"... I assumed this was referencing him as well.

So... people we know not effected are Sookie, Bill, Sam, the two children (I'm willing to assume given a pass due to age), and Hoyt.

Why Hoyt?

8. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i think the people she gained control over were in a near proximity to her, and i don't recall hoyt or the children ever being near her when the black eyes happen... just a thought?

9. AGBee

AGBee Member

You're really looking too much into nothing.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Hoyt being something supernatural would be odd and pretty funny but this is True Blood so it wouldn't be to surprising.

11. ryan_98

Supporting Member

sookie is a
    fairy?
    that's kinda lame.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

last night's episode sucked total balls compared to the previous weeks

just in case:
    the whole trip out with lafayette and his friend WTF was that all about

the flashbacks of sam unless that builds up to something was filler

nothing from russell either except trying to say his final goodbye to talbut

really the reveal of what the hillbilly girl was the only big thing, a panther?

never know what the deal with eric is

and the explanation that sookie is a descendent of an alien?

there needs to be more of Jessica though she is a cutie

13. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

I have a question. Why is Eric keep saying that Sookie you can't trust Bill? Didn't bill tell Sookie what she is and stuff? I am confused, am I missing something here?

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

When they were outside talking to each other, Eric told Bill that he needed to tell Sookie the truth. When Sookie popped up, Bill looked kind of startled and was like "..I've already told her what she is."

Might just be me, but I got the sense that he was still hiding something.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There seems to be hints that he did not end up in that bar by accident.
    The idea being that the Queen of Louisiana sent him there specifically
    to investigate Sookie.

Rocket River

16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

He was babysitting his mom the entire episode, who was effected...

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Sookie should be worried. She betrayed Bill with that major kiss-out with Eric. Bill finds out...and there will be hell to pay I tell you! HELL TO MF-ING PAY!!!

:grin:

18. ryan_98

Supporting Member

right, i still don't remember maryann being near hoyt. regardless, dude was reading way too much in to it, he's just a regular human.

19. ryan_98

Supporting Member

2 week wait until the season finale.

it should be interesting.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My girl made me watch 2 seasons of this show! the first season was OK but the 2nd season was terrible! I refused to watch the 3rd season. I run when she tries to tell me about it.

After Sookie's brother killed that Black guy (which was totally out of character IMO) I was done. The gay character was bad ass in the first season but then they seemed to completely emasculate him in the 2nd why did they do that? Why did they make him into a complete b****?