1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you rather give up Brooks or Martin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Aug 19, 2010.

Tags:
?

Who would you rather part ways with?

1. Aaron Brooks

55.5%
  2. Kevin Martin

44.5%
  1. G-Money

G-Money Member

I don't think Melo and Martin will play well together....they are both offensive minded players. Sure they will get to the line a lot, but they will also take shots from Yao, Scola, and Brooks. I think it will be better to have a defensive minded player at the SG position next to Carmelo like they did in Denver with Aaron Afflalo. JR Smith is the better player than Afflalo but George Karl felt it was best to have a defensive player playing next to Melo, and I think that's the best idea.

So IMO, I think a starting lineup of

Brooks
    Lee
    Anthony
    Scola
    Yao

will be more effective than a lineup of

Lowry
    Martin
    Anthony
    Scola
    Yao

2. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I think they would want Brooks rather than Martin. Since dealing Melo would mean they are rebuilding, they might as well trade Billups soon after for some assets. That way they can open up a spot for Brooks. If a deal would go down with the Rockets, I would predict we send Brooks, Budinger, Jeffries, Battier, 2012 Knicks pick, future Rockets 1st round pick for Melo and possibly Anthony Carter since we would need a backup point guard to Lowry.

Lowry/Carter/Smith
    Martin/Lee/Taylor
    Anthony/Patterson
    Scola/Hayes/Patterson
    Yao/Miller/Hill

That would leave 13 players on the roster so maybe we can trade Landry's TE to the Grizzlies for Xavier Henry and he can back up Melo along with Patterson. The other spot could go to either Harris/Hamilton. Another possibility could be going after TJ Ford if he is bought out by the Pacers to be the backup to Lowry.

Anyhow, this is going to be an interesting few weeks and I hope we can land Anthony to catapult this team to elite status :grin:

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Neither. If Denver asks for one of those guys, Morey should hang up the phone.

They'll come calling when they realize nobody else is going to give up something as good as Brooks or Martin either, and the Rockets have better secondary assets.

4. DontTradeOswalt

Brooks, Martin is the perfect 3rd option because he doesn't need many shots to get his points. I love Brooks but he'll take away shots from Yao, Melo, and Martin, which might cause problems.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have seen a lot of people mention this about Billups, but I doubt it is true. I would assume Chauncy will retire a Nugget. I live in the Denver area and he is the most beloved sports figure in Colorado at the moment.

6. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

Plus lowry gets the starting role now since thats what he did wanted in the first place if he were to go to cleveland. i bet lowry will be really happy with the trade also

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

It isn't the first time this has been mentioned in this thread. And it really baffles me. What kind of player do you think Brooks is?? A defensive juggernaut? At least Martin has shown before that he is capable of playing defense. He was considered a good defender his rookie year. Brooks has always been a liability.

Infinitely more importantly though, who would you rather be the offensive minded player playing next to Carmelo- your SHOOTING guard who's job is SHOOTING, or your point guard?

The choice really isn't even close.

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I have to say Martin. Brooks has more upside and has a much cheaper contract.

9. pewpew

pewpew Rookie

u kiddin rite? Martin - an injury-prone with no def, 28 yrs-old, high salary.
    on the other hand, AB - 3rd rookie, already all star lvl pg, MIP, tough and young. Ur choice LOL

10. DontTradeOswalt

No love for Tulo or CarGo in Colorado? :confused:

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yea but the thing is Denver doesn't want Brooks since they have Billups.

12. hangwak

hangwak Member

Brooks because he has very high value now as the most improved player, and because Lowry is just a beast.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

You do know Billups is 34? Right?

14. AggieRocketsFan

Actually, DM signed Lowry to that contract because he HAD to and he let the market set Lowry's value.

I would rather give up Martin...

Brooks is a leader. Martin? Not so much

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

LOL.

what? Hes the 3rd rookie? We have to other more 2 rookies after him? Eh??????
    high salary?

since when was he all star level?

On the other hand...Kmarts performance has All-Star written all over it...

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Martin because Courtney Lee can take over for Martin and Budinger can come off the bench behind him at guard or Battier whoever isnt traded along with Martin.

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I doubt they'd clean house in such a short period of time. They certainly don't look to have both Brooks and Billups on the roster at the same time.

I wouldn't mind trading Martin, even though it might rip my heart off if its happened, cos we can get Rip Hamilton for pretty much free. Hehe.

18. psingh34

psingh34 Member

i like the way u think

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

You do realise Aaron Brooks is much more replaceable than KMart?

This board didn't boil up in delirium when we got Martin for no reason, lol

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

bye bye k mart. jermaine taylor just needs to put on his best d wade impersonation, and if courtney lee is still on this team, he needs to do anything other than miss wide open point blank layups. :mad: