1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James Interview: Would consider returning to CLE one day

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MD_in_Training, Aug 17, 2010.

1. MD_in_Training

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5470162

Just interesting that he's pointing a finger at Gilbert without having some sort of self-realization with the veracity of that quote.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Yeah, he is waiting for Paul and Melo to join him in Cleveland. At least it will be 'his' team.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wonder if his Mom told him about all that "Character" in Delonte's pants...

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

did this guy refer to himself in third-person?

man only a select few can do that:

Jimmy
    Duff Man
    Dikembe Mutombo

That is my list he can't get on it

1 person likes this.
  5. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Its odd to me some of these top athlete's have absolutely no self awareness at all. Lebron sounds more like Tracy every day.

Dan Gilbert showed no class by writing that letter to fans, but Lebron is not innocent. He should have given Dan the courtesy of a call before announcing his decision.

What type of character does it show to walk off the court after a series with the Magic and not shake anyone's hand? We are taught to say "good game" after a contest since pee wee's.

Lebron, you are a hypocrite.

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He has every right to point the finger at that idiot!!!

Say what u want about how LeBron handled the whole "decision" thing, but he NEVER attacked anyone personally like that! He was respectful to Cleveland in every interview that I saw or heard! How can u call him a hypocrite?? Gilbert took the low road and embarrassed himself, LeBron did what he thought was best for him!! U cannot say that doing what u feel is best for u means u have bad character!!

What really grinds my gears is that when the heat are making their title run (being lead by lebron) every single one of the lebron haters will have their foot so far in their mouth they wont be able to see straight! and mark my words, most of u wont own it.... Pathetic!!

1 person likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stone Cold Steve Austin

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tmac part deaux.

DD

9. YaosDirtyStache

Except Bron isnt riddled with injury, and seems motivated by more than just money. Say what you will about Bron, but he is no Tmac. He lead a real crappy team to the NBA finals, TMac couldnt get out the first round. He backstabbed this team and city, he didnt act like a primadonna and get shipped off. The only thing similar to each other is their natural ability to make people hate them.

10. SunsRocketsfan

he does sound like Tmac.. I use to respect lebron cause he is an amazing player and still is but I hope he never wins so he can be seen as the greatest failure for a NBA superstar.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a prick. Put the city through the wringer, create a media circus doing so, and then come out with a comment like this. If I were a Cleveland fan, I'd be looking at James right now the same way Houston football fans look at Bud Adams.

12. University Blue

What do you perceive as LeHour's other motivations, just curious?

13. YaosDirtyStache

He went to MIA to win a ship, whether it be WITH him or BECAUSE of him. The guy just wants to be part of an immortal team and couldnt wait any longer for the Cavs to try to get the running mate he needed.

His motivation isnt money, he makes enough of that in endorsements. He wants a ring. Sucks he had to piss off the world to try to get it.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I still don't understand this sentiment at all. No one is saying Lebron won't do well in Miami. He won't prove anyone wrong by winning.

1 person likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why would James have to go to Miami to win a ship? Isn't Cleveland on a lake? I suppose the weather is nicer. Does he favor sailing, or motorcraft? Inquiring minds want to know.

1 person likes this.
  16. WillG

WillG Member

So you want him to say the same cliche BS that everyone else would say?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You seriously don't find his comment a cliché? I would prefer that he keep his mouth shut about Cleveland. He's poking an open wound with a stick.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Fact is: he did not have to piss of the world. It was a choice, a... decision, if you will, to piss off the world. (Maybe that's what you meant.)

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No matter what anyone thinks of what Lebron James did (and I think the whole "Decision" show is idiotic, but I understand his choice to join Wade and Bosh), one thing that is hard to dispute is that Dan Gilbert is by far the biggest douchebag in this drama.

Lebron James is right that Gilbert showed he never cared about Lebron, not as a person at least. Lebron was just nothing more than an "asset" to Gilbert, which is fine since the NBA is a business, but to kiss his ass while he was a Cav and to trash him after he leaves is just low class ****. At least you need to be cordial with your business partners, who has made you tens of millions over the last 7 years.

20. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Fixed