1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sportsline Rankings; Rockets 19th

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Catwink03, Sep 6, 2002.

1. because24

because24 Member

The Rockets are definitely better than number 19. IMO were more like 10 or 11.

Plankton

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I say 7th best..

3. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

19th???:confused: I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 5th or 4th:D

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i say 13th

5. Truth

Truth Member

I don't know about anyone else but I love being underestimated, that way guys don't feel like they have to live up to that expectation. See, if players from New Orleans read that and believe it's true, they're in for a rude awakening. Rockets on the other hand, can't get mad they gotta get even. After all, they were 28 and something. We know why they had that record, injuries, injuries, and more injuries. But it's rare a that you run across national press to know as well. So expect more like it.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

They rank #1 in my heart. No fear. As David Carr said, we get the chance to write our own history.

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The Sporting News website ranked us 8th in the league, and sixth in the west. With that, I agree 100 percent. The Rockets should easily finish top-6 in the west this year, and any team in that position should be top-10 in the league. The east is pathetic.

Does anyone remember the Rockets 25-5 record against the east two years ago? Look for a similar record this year.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/poll/

8. Valio!

Valio! Member

The same website also has us place as one of the offseason "winners" so Im not sure why they have us THAT low. Still, I guess we need to prove ourselves...they'll be jumping on the bandwagon by midseason

9. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

They just don't know jack$^!+!!!!

10. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I agree with 6th maybe 7th in the West. It's hard to tell with all the ins and outs -

1) Injuries
    2) The difference Yao makes.
    3) Mo's return
    4) Finding new chemistry
    5) Griff's improvement
    6) Steve finally becoming damn near unstoppable (migraines)
    7) What kind of depth
    8) Some type of offense besides ISO.

We should do alright because I'm sure Rudy is feeling the pressure.

In the words of every sports fan, "Here's to the coming year."

11. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

No way. We are one of the top 12.

12. asw

asw Member

I think the teams from the west that will make the playoffs, will be... Lakers, Kings, Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, Timberwolves, Blazers, and Clippers. I really can't imagine the Sonics, Jazz, Warriors, Suns, or Nuggets finishing with a better record than the Rockets. So, I really believe that we will be in the playoffs. If you believe they will end up in the playoffs, also, then you should believe they are at least in the top twelve in the league. The east is really weak. Every year their number 5 seed wouldn't even have made the playoffs in the west.