1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Rockets games available on local TV in Austin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Aug 10, 2010.

1. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am switching from Timewarner to U-verse next week and it shows they have FSW-Houston, doesn't that show the Rox games or am I wrong. Anyone who had U-verse in Austin last year? some help?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time Warner shows that too, but they always switch you to the Spurs games....Austin is Spurs territory.

DD

3. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn I was afraid of that! Oh well, looks like it will be league pass again I guess. Thanks DD.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

u-verse sucks, only for that fact they do not have league pass and do not show rockets games. i am getting a satellite provider soon, dish or direct, where do austin fans go to watch rockets games anyways? theres enough of us on here to take over an entire bar...

its ridiculous to think that the texans have one less nationally televised game than the rockets...

anyways, rockets will be here for you for life, your wife, ehhh stats would say probably not.

5. Jet036

Jet036 Member

I go to UT up there. I just use this website: http://atdhe.net/

1 person likes this.
  6. zilches

zilches Member

I purchased the internet League Pass and was disappointed with the abundance of blacked out games and sometimes just dropped games. For spotty service, athdhe.net is at least priced favorably.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

There are some broke bastards in this thread.

8. zilches

zilches Member

Yep, but can you imagine Detroit? I just don't like paying for bad service and I haven't been at all impressed with League Pass.

1 person likes this.
  9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Television league pass works great, even get some games in hd. They will split it up to 40 bucks a month over four months. Ten dollars a week to watch every Rockets game.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

atdhe.net
    ilemi.com
    channelsurfing.net
    justintv.com
    and numerous random Chinese sites

also check the game threads every time there is a game on, people always post links

11. Yak

Yak Member

Are there any sports bars that allow 18 year olds to sit and watch Rockets games near UT?

12. zilches

zilches Member

That makes sense if you are already purchasing cable TV.

I rely on the internet, though, and I haven't seen any reason to pay for league pass. In fact, I was rather soured on it.

Not knowing, I guess that if any games are blacked out on TV league pass they are available elsewhere (NBA, TNT, ESPN?).

13. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I live in Austin, had ATT U-Verse. U-Verse did NOT carry NBA League Pass, I didn't know before I subscribed.

If you get League Pass Broadband, they often blacked out Rockets games - sometimes because they were on NBA TV, and other times I don't know why. There were enough glitches with the streaming that I ended up really pissed off because they showed the wrong game or the link would hang.

In spite of all that, I will probably buy the damn thing again this season.