1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who should the rockets go after now that ariza is gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by k-money, Aug 11, 2010.

?

should the rockets stand pat or not?

1. no

72.5%
  2. yes

27.5%
  1. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Iggy Iggy Iggy can't you see?

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Iguodala better be on his way to Houston soon or the Rockets are going to be mediocre.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Battier gives us one or two great games a season and is in his last year of his contract. Should be traded before his game completely dies a death.
    We should develop Budinger ! :p

4. Yetti

What do the Battier last season stats look like?
    Many times Battier becomes lost and becomes a minimal contributor:p

5. jmr123jmr

jmr123jmr Member

It's NOT going to happen men!!!!! We R SET!!!!!

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Battier had his worst field goal percentage shooting in his career and second worst three point shooting field goal percentage of his career and his second worst points per game average in his career in a descending ability to defend and hit the open jumper and stay healthy as he gets older. Let me put it this way so we dont beat around the bush all season like Tmac and Yaos careers until they were finally done. You have to notice things and anticipate them before they happen in this business and its not all about being a stats genius. Anticipating of career paths at certain ages have alot to do with it. Along with accepting injury histories and declines that are not part of stats. Those are gut feelings and personal decisions when to move on. If I could give you a graph of Battier it would read a line going solidly across his career never up or down and then dipping at the end of it. LOL! Ok now I am off. Flame shield not needed. I know some people dont like hearing harsh truths about our team.

7. pewpew

pewpew Rookie

nope, we have no chance to get melo, the only place he would go=NYC.
    Iggy is more than enuff for us anyway.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no next, none of the other players are worth giving up all that much...

DD

9. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

DD
    I think it should be Granger or nothing....period!

I could see us putting together a reasonable package with picks that might interest Bird.

ROCKET!!!

10. Guru

Guru Member

I have a hard time believeing the Pacers not having Granger in their long term plans. With the addition of Collison, Indy has the PG and SF position set for years to come. In fact I think Granger is "officially" off the market.

11. valorita

valorita Member

the question should be for any future acquisitions:

does this player make us championship contenders?

for example:

if we trade for iggy + filler, i would assume that it would take jeffries + chase + hill + pick or something of that nature. we would be trading most of our assets and so it would have to be an all-in type of move where management believes that the player they are getting back is a very special one.

our weakest link in the starting 5 is by far the sf position. our current team needs are 1)length and athleticism, 2)elite defense, 3)playmaker
    with these needs in mind, there are not very many sf available that fit the bill.
    which makes me wonder who is on the infamous 'morey list' of players that they go after.

12. H-Town Rockets Guy

Andre Igoudala would be a very realistic posibility now. He does have a really bad contract but getting rid of Ariza would help absorb his contract. He would be a perfect fit on this team. He is very good defensively and can be a facilitator as well. If 76ers get off to a bad start and look for them to clean house.

Granger would be a long shot now that he had a very promising point guard like Collison on the team.

Carmelo would be a great addition to this team but he is already packed his bags to go to NY. If he agrees to a contract extension then I am all for getting Carmelo. Otherwise we will lose all our assets and will be left with nothing.

13. Yetti

If 'Iggy' can play small Forward I would rather have him over Anthony.
    Anthony would always be wanting to East while Iggy would be a loyal contributor in Houston.
    A very strong team:

AB
    Martin
    Iggy
    Scola
    Yao Ming

With a super bench!!
    Who would we trade for 'Iggy'

We should have decent trade exceptions and Lottery picks to include with
    Battier, Jefferies and Taylor. :p

14. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Battier + Jeffries + NY Draft Pick for Iggy

Yes please.

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Moving Jermaine Taylor.
    I dont know where or for who, but I think the rocketsshould move him.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Melo's overrated so much by everyone it sickens me. The guy takes a lot of shots and doesn't make that much of 'em. How does that justify a max contract? I'd rather roll with Battier and C-bud, and use the money to get a real star in.

17. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Now it is Martin + Brooks + 1st round Pick for CP3 after new Orleans starts to struggle.

18. k-money

k-money Member

yeah i lke that plan. we dont give up much and get iggy. i just hope somehow morey pulls it off.