1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chad Ford Insider] Hou working on 4 team deal [Update: Done Deal - Ariza for C Lee]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Convictedstupid, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Guru

Guru Member

I think its a good deal. A true SG to play behind Martin and this possibly* brings Battier back to the starting role. Ariza was good, but not a significant improvement over Lee.

Additionally, this will help bring us under luxury tax. Though Les wouldn't mind paying luxury tax, im sure he would rather do that for a star/superstar type player, not Ariza.

*Unless there is another trade in the works for a Iggy/Granger type player.

2. hasan08

hasan08 Member

ARIZA salary dump for sure..

Just doesnt make since how this will make us better.

I would think ariza is an asset who could help land another wing player

3. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I love this move for Houston.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

trevor = stromile part II

all the talent to be good, but dumped after a year of brainless play.

5. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

AB because if he doesn't produce like last year, we are going to call for Lowry to start.

6. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

It's a salary dump for us, it's not about talent. Morey tried to get the most equal value for Ariza for cheaper.

NO on the other hand was stupid. They put all their chips on Chris Paul to show him loyalty. Problem is that if he gets hurt again or walks after his contract is up, they screwed themselves. We can also dispel rumors of trading for Chris Paul

My question is why we did the salary dump other than Les being cheap as usual. Did les say because we didn't land Bosh we aren't going anywhere this year so dump salary or are we making room for another trade so the luxury tax hit is less.

7. serious black

serious black Contributing Member

I love this trade.
    Glad to have Battier back in the starting line up.
    Lee looks like he will fit in well. Never liked Ariza.

8. Asian Sensation

All I have to say is this may be a PRELUDE to Daryl Morey's best move to date.....

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd also like to add that if this move doesn't move us toward adding a big name player at the deadline or at the end of the season....

This is a disaster in terms of talent on the floor for this up coming season.

-4 wins.

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

1:45 - 2:00 shows his great cutting and off the ball abilities. The rest of the vid shows he's a great 3 point shooter, and a great slasher.

11. chrisrichter

chrisrichter Member

bye bye Ariza

610 just annouced Trvor will be traded for Courtney Lee in a 4 team deal

12. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

I agree with your statement.

13. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Courtney Lee is just a better version of Luther Head.

14. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-tygpWwu6Is&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-tygpWwu6Is&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

KEEP TREVOR A ROCKET!

15. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Good riddance

16. Egghead

Egghead Member

Pacers stole Collison...

Also,
    The Pacers are negotiating a buyout with T.J. Ford's agent on the $8.5 million owed the point guard this season, league sources tell Y!.

17. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Okay, that is well said. I think I'm just still shellshocked. I really had thought we were gonna roll with the team we have now without giving up a young core piece.

And the praise for JT comes from Adelman and Morey alike, in most of their interviews. I don't think JT is there yet either, but they really seemed to like him and kept mentioning how they wanted to work him into the roster more. I guess those were just empty words with the arrival of Lee.

18. herro

herro Member

Salary dump, but it seems like we're just mailing in the defensive side of the basketball at this point.

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

-Ford

20. RedOctober67

RedOctober67 Member

LOVE IT!!!