1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Rockets games available on local TV in Austin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Aug 10, 2010.

1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

I just moved to Austin this year and I saw Spurs games were on FOX Sports. Can I get Rockets games too?

2. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

I go back and forth from Houston to San Marcos (20 miles south of Austin.) I regret to inform you that, unless you have a ridic cable/satellite plan, chances are you might be watching those Spurs games more than you'd like.

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Get League Pass.

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I live in San Marcos, which is like 20-30 miles away from Austin, and there are no Rockets games on tv here. They show the Spurs, and very rarely the Mavs, but never the Rockets.

Let me just tell you now.... League Pass Broadband is your friend. I got it last year when I couldn't watch any games, and it was definitely worth the money.

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Hey man, hit me up offline. I'm in Austin, too. Maybe we can get together sometime for a game.

(and no, unfortunately Austin doesn't carry Rockets games any more locally than Provo does)

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...no local games carried here in Austin unless the Rockets happen to be playing the Spurs. League Pass is your only option.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, you need to get League Pass.

DD

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't forget TNT and NBATV if you have cable/satellite.

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

And online streaming :)

10. Ditty

Ditty Member

austin is spurs country

11. cptcrunch

cptcrunch Member

yeah it sucks, I used to live in Waco where they played dallas comes locally and then I moved to Austin where they play the Spurs. Sorry to say I don't mind the Spurs. But I'm still a good Rockets fan because I hate the fakers and the dallas ponnies

12. xkrycekx

xkrycekx Member

do what i did when i was working in Austin...find a bar that has league pass and ask them to put the rockets on. that way you can enjoy a cold one too...and if you go to Bikinis you can enjoy other things also :)

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Tavern is a good place to watch the Rockets.

14. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Make sure you can get league pass through your service provider. I have Grande and they told us we could get league pass when we signed up but then when we called to get it they denied ever making that claim. I ended up getting league pass broadband, which works out for me because my internet connection is decent and I can easily plug my computer into my tv.

Now, if they came up with an ipad or boxee app for league pass, then I'd be the happiest rocket fan alive.

15. htownswami

htownswami Contributing Member

Bikinis is quite the spot for Steelers games :)

League pass broadband is pretty good deal I would say...80 bucks or so...

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

DO NOT get league pass

you can watch every game for free online, I suggest doing that

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

those links are blurry and unreliable

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I used to do that...

But then last year I decided to give League Pass a shot and now I'll probably never go back to the free links.

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

League pass for sure.

don't subscribe any cable or whatever tv service provider you can get until you figure out by youself whether they provide NBA League Pass or not. the best way to figure out is to check its website and look at the sports package. if they have nba league pass with the price and the sign up link, it means this provider does have league pass. now you can subscribe tv service with them. talking to a sale person is just wasting your time.

based on the last season, dishnetwork, directv, and time warner cable did provide nba league pass. relatively speaking, cable provided less dedicated channels to league pass than satelite. 99.9% time you won't have problem with less channels. remember all tv service providers will negotiate with NBA about league pass. they provided last season doesn't mean this season. for example, last season dish almost gave up due to the price nba asked. luckily, dish was pounded by fans to renew the service after a week into the season.

btw, if you have league pass tv subscription, you will get league pass broadband for free. it's good for travel.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If you like small grainy and skippy games.

DD