1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wells Fargo - now has monthly fees

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thadeus, Aug 7, 2010.

1. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

I have Bank of America and they also the monthly maintenance fee but you can get the campus edge account if you are a student. it's free for 5 years.

2. Major

Major Member

Are you sure the fee is new? They've had fees on various accounts for a long time - if you google it, you can see people complaining for years. Here's the list:

https://www.wellsfargo.com/checking/

It appears you're on the Advantage package based on the $15 fee. Is it possible that you just naturally had one of the things that caused the fee to be waived until this month? I ran into that with BoA a few years back not realizing that I had dipped below some average daily balances that caused fees to accrue.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Credit Unions are owned by their members, there are not as profit driven as the big banks who are publicly traded and have shareholders to appease. Fees are lower or nonexistent.

Yes you can still do online billpay, banking, even online deposits.

4. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

They look at it as a convenience for YOU, one that you likely would pay for rather than go through the hassle doing your own paper work and mailing/stamps.... The same thing happens with vehicle registration; send it via mail and it costs you more than to go to the office.

5. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Their services are not free to you, they use your money to make money of their own.
    I think lack of fees can be contributed to simple competition between banks, but look at what's going on now-more banks are merging.

6. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

http://www.cleveland.com/business/i...ling_banks_likely_to_raise_other_charges.html

7. Southern Select

Everything should be free. I love Obama.