1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what would be the biggest upgrade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Jul 29, 2010.

?

what would be the biggest upgrade?

1. Brooks to CP3

156 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Martin to Granger

14 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Ariza to Igudala

128 vote(s)
    40.3%
  4. Scola to Bosh

20 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ariza to Grainger would be the biggest upgrade that could be feasible for the Rockets this year. Alot of this has to do with Adelmans system. If you simply replaced Ariza with Grainger the weak link in the chain would be fixed.

No longer could the defense play off of the SF spot anymore with on the best NBA 3 point shooters on the wing. Plus he can still slash and get in the post better than he is advertised.

Iggy would be an upgrade as well but defenses could still live or die by his jumpshot. However, Iggy is a better defender.

CP3 and Bosh are not going to happen so why even put to much thought in it. Grainger or Iggy fit perfectly in what we do here and would make us the most well rounded team in the NBA.

2. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

if Iggy can't pass how did he avveraged 5.8 assist per game? (more than our starting PG)

and we're talking about talent wise; if salary kicks in... CP3 makes 6~7 times what Brooks makes.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I don't want to trade any of these core players!! :p
    Granger doen't have playoff & Championship experience and in our team would not get enough shots to show his worth.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Rubio is a poor shooter and has yet to play a damn game in the NBA. The last thing we need to be paired up with Yao is a crappy shooter who further clogs up his lane.

5. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

I'm happy with the core group of guys we have now. It's hard to say who would make the biggest impact Brooks/CP3 or Ariza/Igudola. I chose Igudola because scoring wise Ariza<Igudola while Igudola also plays good defense. I'll probably get flamed but I wouldn't get rid of AB right now even for CP3. He's the most improved player and I think he's just going to get better.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

comparing a players assist total from a different team to ours doesn't say much to their passing abilities... adelmans system works off ball movement so no one player racks up all the assists...and iggy does most if not all of the creating on that team and ONLY averages 5.8 assists

and in a year cp3 will be making at most 2x as much as brooks...cp3 would be my choice

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Brooks to CP3. No question about it. Anytime you upgrade from your 2nd/3rd best player from a distance to without a doubt a top 5, 6 player in the L you do it. Not only that but the BEST at that position.

Paul would be our best player, Martin would be our best scorer, and Yao would be our most dominant. The best piece for someone like Paul is an off-ball scorer with extreme efficiency(Durant, Dirk, and to a lesser degree K-Mart) and an offensively gifted big man(via athleticism or skill such as Dwight Howard and to a lesser degree Yao).

Iguodala is a very nice piece, as is Granger, but none of those hold a candle to what Cp3 can bring.

A lineup of this
    Paul
    Martin
    Battier or Ariza
    Scola
    Yao

absolutely pummels any other version that you can insert with Martin out or Ariza out in favor or Iguodala/Granger.

It's really not a debate, you take the best player in this case and that is Chris Paul.

8. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

Its not like chris paul is the best shooter on earth. Rubio passes the ball so well, theres no way he would hurt our team.

And by the way things are looking for Yao, it makes sense to get young, talented players. If Yao decides to "quit" then your gonna want to start rebuilding, and Rubio is the perfect person to rebuild around.

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

I like Iggy. He could bring versatility at the 3.

10. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

He isn't that much more versatile than Ariza. They both are long and athletic and can dunk. Sure Iggy is better than Ariza but i wouldn't say its the biggest upgrade amoung the choices.

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I think CP3 for Brooks would be the best in terms of contract, overall talent, what CP3 can bring to the table.

Ignoring contracts and only going off talents, I have a hard time saying Ariza to Iggy leap is less than that of Brooks to CP3.

CP3 is a MUCH better player than Iggy, but I believe Brooks is almost an All-star, while Ariza at his best is a younger James Posey.

It is close but I think Ariza -> Iggy is a bit of a bigger leap than Brooks -> CP3, based on talent alone.

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

why do you have Bosh in the Poll and he is already in Miami :confused: :confused:

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This.

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

People on this board love to overvalue KMART and undervalue Ariza.

I don't quite get the hate for Ariza this year. He shot poorly because he was forced into being a scorer, but he is the perfect role player. Why don't we expect more out of Battier he makes more than Ariza, but Battier always gets a pass cuz of intagibles, which I think Ariza brings to the floor as well.

And KMART is not better than Granger. Granger fills up the stat sheet way more than Martin. He still shoots a high 86% from the foul line which is the only category Martin is better than him at. Granger scores more points grabs more rebounds, gets more blocks. Granger even shot better from 3 pt land than KMART. Not to mention Granger has 2 inches plus 50 lbs on Martin and he is less injury prone. I'll take Granger all day every day.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If you happened to watch the Kings games last year. To start the season the offense was run around KMART they constantly fed him the ball. It wasn't until he got injured that it became the Tyreke Evans show. That's why when Martin cameback from injury his numbers trailed off significantly and Kings wanted to trade him because he didn't fit with Evans. And with Tyreke as the leader they were winning more games.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

4gb to 8gb of ram...

Oh for this team....

Not Healthy --> Healthy
    Kieth Jones --> Phoenix's trainer
    Bad Luck --> Good Luck?

17. postaboi713

postaboi713 Member

u do realize he got injured 5 games into the season right????

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

CP3 over AB, no doubt.

I'm not an Ariza fan at all but the difference between him and Iguodala or even Granger is not bigger than the difference between Brooks and CP3.

The difference between CP3 and everyone in the league not named Deron Williams is pretty huge. Brooks is a nice player but to compare a "might be an All Star" one day to the best PG in the league and pretend the gap in talent isn't huge is just not intelligent. Not to mention, swing men are not nearly as important as PG. You upgrade PG and you upgrade everyone at the same time.

19. shioew

shioew Member

in terms of the biggest upgrade, it will be Ariza to Igudala IMO. However,

if we can trade Brooks straightway for CP3, without any fillers, i will do it in a

heartbeat.

20. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

AB to CP3 because a star point guard knows how to run a team flawlessly.

Granger is not an SG by the way, he is a SF. I would rather have Martin than Granger anyways.