1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2010-11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Do you think Josh Smith could fit with the Rockets and fill our defensive void?

1. Yes

460 vote(s)
    70.9%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. No Way we need someone else

94 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

I'm curious why you would trade Ariza over Battier

2. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

you mean we could sign Brooks next summer without adding to our luxury tax. Why would we trade him? Also AK47 could be a good bargaining chip at the trade deadline ,if he doesnt workout, just like Mcgrady was. This is a very low risk trade with potential high reward.

3. lalala902102001

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

to save money. Ariza's contract is on the books. Battier's is coming off. Kirilenko is a better Ariza, better defender, etc. Ariza's trade value would fall through the floor splitting minutes with Andre, making him more difficult to move later on.

5. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

When's the last time the Rockets had a trade with the Jazz? I can't recall any. I think there is a good reason for that.

Regardless, this is essentially AK for Ariza, both SF. If AK is so much better, why would the Jazz do this? As has been said, if AK is worth signing next year, then sign him next year. Only reason not too is if we're trying to dump Ariza's salary. I personally want to see him with Yao and/or more time with Brooks/Martin.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

How in the world did AK47 pull down a contract like that, and they say Utah's gm is one of the best in the game.

[​IMG]Schooling GMs since 2007

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The Kirilenko idea is pretty bad, but I would like to trade with Utah for DWill.

How about Kirilenko and Dwill for AB+Hill+Ariza+Jeffries+2012 first rounder.

Yao/Miller
    Scola/Kirilenko/Patterson
    Battier/Kirilenko/Budinger
    Martin/Budinger/Taylor
    Williams/Lowry

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

AK47?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GWihWfdH4Zw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GWihWfdH4Zw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

10. RocketEG6

RocketEG6 Member

Gerald Wallace for Ariza+Jeffries+2012 first rounder.

Yao/Miller/Hill
    Scola/Hayes/Patterson
    Wallace/Battier/Budinger
    Martin/Budinger/Taylor
    Brooks/Lowry

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

if Yao is healthy this team is really deep at every spot except SG

so thus I propose this:

Future 2nd round pick
    Rockets 2012 first round pick -- (Not the NY pick our own pick)
    Jared Jeffries
    Jermaine Taylor

for

Courtney Lee

Why?

Lee would be an excellent backup to Martin and really solidifies the backup SG spot. He is ready to contribute now way more than Taylor is and if we are to believe what Morey says in that they are "all in/special year" talk then something needs to be done. Running out Brooks/Lowry backcourts are only good in situations not as a long term solution.

Also by giving up Jeffries it saves Les about 10 million in lux tax, NJ has the capspace to absorb the contract the future first round pick is the cost to absorb the contract and JT can be Lee's replacement up in NJ as they go young.

Jeffries expiring deal could be worth more at the deadline IF somehow a star is available but imo thats banking on too many uncontrollable factors and the course of the season. We would be giving up our own 2012 first round pick which will probably be middle 20s and Taylor who can do well in an offense like NJ which looks to be uptempo and spread with their offseason acquisitions. The nets are giving up a starter and taking back a contract so Taylor and a future 1st isnt enough imo a future 2nd would need to be included.

NJ can get two more picks and a young SG at a cheap price. Rockets save money, get a "win now" upgrade in Lee for Taylor and have the option of keeping him for another year at a rookie scale contract or if Yao is done and brass decide to blow the team up and start over can always trade him.

A roster of:

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Lee
    Ariza/Battier/Bud
    Scola/Hill/Patterson/
    Yao/Miller/Hayes/Anderson

would be fine for me to start the season with and contend in the west imo

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm a huge Battier fan and I think he is very important for this team because of his defense and leadership. I don't dislike Ariza, but I think he is more expendable, even though he is significantly more athletic. Basically, I think you can find a lot of good athletes, but not that many athletes with Battier's brain and personality.

13. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

Has anyone else noticed this, on the ESPN Trade Machine I see a lot of negative (-) win projections based on Holinger's formula. Before almost everytime I used to see + wins, even if the trade looked fair. IMO, based on his formula, we are crazy good. I tried a few where we add Nash, Iggy, Paul, and still end up with negative impact.

14. joesr

joesr Member

We got chuck hayes if the position doesnt matter! lol

also to your sig, I am quite certain I read before that Battier wants to end his career in Detroit.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would love it if Shane and Chuck could somehow end their careers with the Rockets and become assistants. It's become a cliché, but Battier is like having a coach on the floor. Chuck is amazingly smart, himself.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think Chuck will end up being a coach. I get that vibe from him. I see Battier more as a front office type, like Dumars.

17. vince321

vince321 Member

Can we go after mbenga, he plays solid D.
    I remember a few seasons ago, he said he had interest in playing for the rocks.
    Is he a FA?

18. valorita

valorita Member

It's extremely difficult for us to upgrade any positions at this point without overpaying because the only players worth getting are not going to be easily given up by their respective teams. So for any Paul, Granger, etc trades the proposal HAS to be VERY FAVORABLE to the team that we are trading with.

19. worzel gummidge

brooks, lowry
    martin, budinger, taylor
    ariza, battier, jeffries
    scola, hayes/patterson
    miller, yao, hill

battier for→ przybilla's insured contract + patty mills (s&t)?

brooks, lowry, mills
    martin, taylor
    ariza, budinger, jeffries
    scola, hayes/patterson
    miller, yao, hill, przybilla

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It certainly could work out that way. It would be nice if they're with the Rockets in that capacity sometime in the future.