1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul hopes to represent New Orleans "for many years to come"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by timelordtwo, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I agree, and I'd rather see the team upgrade at small forward, but why does everyone keep talking as if Granger's available? There are a lot of players I'd love to see on the Rockets, but we don't bother bringing them up because they're not available.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Wonder if Morey has at least made a call.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He might be available...rumors about the Nets getting him a few weeks back.

A lot of people wanted Martin and he wasn't available. Also because Granger is just awesome that's why.

He has that Rocket mentality of never backing down, playing good defense, and he's a great shooter. Also being underrated...this guy belongs on the Rockets and the Pacers are doing him a injustice by not allowing him to play for the team he was born to play for.

4. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

It's better for us if he's available behind the scenes but not being trade blocked. Just because theres no talk about him doesn't mean we can't get him for the right price

5. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

6. hle6

hle6 Member

actually if Paul listens to papa LeBron, it is good for us, He'll stay in the west.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wrong forum.

;)

DD

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I wonder if the rockets would be willing to just trade for Okafor? Something like Okafor & 2011 NO 1st round pick for Jeffries, Andersen and Rockets 2011 2nd round pick.

Either straight up or as a facilitator?

Might help the Hornets get better offers for Paul if they aren't forced to tie Okafor with him, and assuming they get back talent, but young talent or draft picks, the Hornets first rounder should be nice. And the Rockets could use an Okafor type.

9. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

You hear that guys?! WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE!

Chris Paul, Houston Rocket, 2011. Book it.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Okafor is good, but really NO would have to pay us to take him (meaning we wouldnt have to give away a 1st rounder at least IMO).

Okafor and a future 1st rounder for Jeffries+Andersen+Taylor+3 Million cash sounds fair to me.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I would love to have Okafor playing for us. Old fashion center who can protect the paint. We need to consolidate some contracts (e.g. 2-1, 3-1) so we might as well get a decent center, which apparently we can't get on the cheap.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

LeBron James screwed it up for everyone. Now, if a star player wants to leave, no matter what the situation is, people will auto-criticize that player for wanting to leave, instead of looking at why.

This hurts, especially, the people that were drafted by Team X, and have stayed on Team X up until the point where they want out. Players such as Yao, Paul, etc, if they wanted to leave, would be auto-crit'd.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yep. Thats what I said. I realize this thread is about CP3 mainly, but as its becoming increasibly clear that we likely won't land him ourselves, helping new Orleans, and in turn picking up another future first could be a great move. And eventually all of these young cheap assets Morey acquires will turn into something, be it a top 3 pick or young all star or whatever.

14. YouCompleteMe

YouCompleteMe Member

What I'm wondering is, would Okafor be ahead of Miller on the depth chart?

15. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I didn't know this.

If this is true, this last point is a lot more important than people might think.
    That means Paul will definitely be traded eventually because there is no way to appease him. They will have to get something for him before he bolts after 2 years (so they don't look like suckers like Cleveland did at first) or provides a looming distraction that hurts the team image, decreasing the fan/team income base even more ( I don't think he would be selling the team if the owner was really making money, can't know for sure just a guess).

How could fans want to pay and support a team if they knew their best player did not want to be there, that management failed to provide talent help him win there (the ownership doesn't want to be there either), while the team possibly is posting a losing/mediocre record?

That team is really screwed and needs to move now to salvage the situation and hope for the incoming coach (not to mention settle things so a buyer knows all the factors involved before they put millions of dollars on the table I would think).

16. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Maybe the old owner of the Supersonics can buy the team and move them to Seattle. Of course that owner was b****in and moaning about wanting to buy the team back from Bennett when it was convenient for him, and now that there is a team available to purchase you don't here anything from him.

17. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

i'd rather have granger than paul. Paul won't come to Houston anyway.

18. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

What are you talking about! We have K-Mart. He was doing real well when he came on the Rockets. Got to the line plenty (which will benefit Yao so he can rest during game) and scored 21PPG. Were you not watching?

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...you seem to forget a certain one hour special of vanity that completely demoralized the city he was leaving after years of the owners bending over backwards to make him happy. Lebron didn't screw anything up for anyone else - he screwed it up for himself.

...that being said, the Lebron hate is temporary. If they can repair the image of Kobe after he forced himself on that white girl in his hotel room in Denver to the point that he is now the most popular selling jersey in the NBA, I think they can change the perception of Lebron. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen. He only has the very best marketing team in the world at his disposal(that's Nike by the way).

....and one final thing. I think if it comes out that the reason Lebron left(and quit on them in the playoffs) was because Delonte was doing his mom and his teammates knew about it, you'll probably find a lot more understanding out there for him. The fact Lebron won't acknowledge it and ESPN is sending out memos prohibiting any of it's staff from even commenting on it publicly is a sign that that day will never come - but it doesn't mean it never happened.

20. Raven

Raven Member

This kid has stars in his eyes. Even if he agreed to come here, I wouldn't trust him to re-sign.