1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your favorite in-game Rockets memory?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HowsMyDriving, Jul 26, 2010.

1. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

This one doesn't make the most memorable for me among many great ones mentioned in the thread, but a very honorable mention that I don't think has been mentioned yet ( :p ) was Yao's first game against Shaq (2003) when he blocked Shaq's first three shot attempts.

That was a fun way for the new kid on the block to introduce himself to the then-current best center in the world -- and in the end it was a 108-104 overtime win against the Lakers.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Funny that's the same game I was talking about in my post, but I don't remember the epicness you described. :(

Maybe I came late or something.

3. TMacAttack

TMacAttack Member

Haha at 4:39, before the ball even goes in, you can see a guy in the background to the right put hands over his head and duck down...classic!

4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

my pick, t-mac's 13 in 35 was almost Unbelievable.

5. BleedsRocketRed

Johnson at the Buzzer!

Reason being, I was 3 rows back on the opposite side of the bench. (the the camera view is from)

Never have I screamed, and cheered so loud before...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/luBrkc2m9cI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/luBrkc2m9cI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

the 3 overtime game last season wit the t-wolves

7. YouCompleteMe

YouCompleteMe Member

Really?? A regular season game against the T-Wolves?? That's the best you could come up with? Although I do remember that game.

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Shaq-Yao I, first 3 minutes where Shaq got blocked 3 times in a row. Classic moment!

9. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Kiss of Death.

I ran outside and yelled so loud it was ridonkulous.

That series was unreal.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

What are you criticizing someone's favorite?? it's his favorite, not yours.

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Can you post a pic of this SI cover or just the photo? I couldn't find it. The only thing I found was this:

[​IMG]

But I don't think that's what you're talking about. I also remember Dream blocking Kareem's skyhook on the 1986 playoff series and the announcer (Gene Peterson?) saying that that is only the 2nd time he's ever seen somebody block it (an obvious reference to Willoughby).

12. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

Great thread to give us fans something to get excited about!

Well I would have to say Dream's quadruple double. I mean this is something Rockets' fans can say is exclusive to us. Dream is one of few to accomplish this and this can silence a lot of haters who neglect to put Olajuwon in top 3 centers of all-time.

Other moments: Yao's return in LA; T-Mac's bradley dunk and 13 in 35; 22 game streak; Olajuwon's spin and dunk against Ewing.

And too many others to even do justice to Rocket legacy.

1 person likes this.
  13. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Hey, you're right though. Steve Francis' 44 was his career high in that game where Yao blocked Shaq's first three shot attempts. OT victory over the Lakers, national TV, etc. -- a lot happened in that game.

14. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

This is not the greatest memory, or my favorite for that matter, but the obvious ones have already been used.<p>I can remember how bad Yao was getting beat up by everybody. I remember everyone calling him soft. So the play I love was when he was getting beat up by Atlanta, and he caught the ball deep in the paint and dunked on Ratliff. He yelled at ratliff and got his first Tech. Loved It.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IebhPrKQGzs

1 person likes this.
  15. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

13 in 35...easy to hate on the man now, but I was at that game and it was a once in a lifetime experience.

16. Craftx5

Craftx5 Member

Eddie Johnson after his 3 against the Jazz...he went crazy!

17. jman255

jman255 Member

The moment I heard Tracy McGrady was going to play for the Houston Rockets.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The Kiss of Death by Elie and Sampson's last second shot to beat the Lakers. Simply unforgettable.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That was a good Yao moment. Not as good as his first game against Shaq, as was mentioned earlier, but the tech was what many of us had been wanting for a long time. I think the ref was a wanker for calling it, though. It's like Stern and company want The Stepford League, where the players are automatons, devoid of emotion. I get emotional just thinking about how stupid the league is for being that way.

20. lokeej

lokeej Member

That game was ridiculous! That game was also example of not closing out a team, as it shouldn't have gone to 3 OTs!