1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why CP3 is not going to NY and why DM will pull a major trade soon!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiaoqiu, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Francis 4 ever

I'd rather take Gallarini+Randolph+2014 pick then almost anything houston has to offer.

2. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

yup. Him going to NY would make it much much worse.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good quote. You saved aelliott, Bima, and NIKEstrad the trouble. :)

4. jason3333

jason3333 Member

i have to say this, i know i write some dumb crap, but we really do have some smart people on this website. this post is very good, i had no idea about the draft pick and dec 15th deal. kudos to all who teach us new stuff everyday and thanx clutch, you have the best fan website in all off sports.

5. jason3333

jason3333 Member

what! stop smoking crack dude.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

TheDreams has already addressed to some extent. But, any 1st round pick will do the trick to get around the Stepien rule. We have their 2012 pick, so if no one else owes them a pick in 2012 or 2013, they won't be able to trade the 2013 pick. But, they could easily trade for a 1st rounder (scrub + cash to Miami for scrub + pick in 2012 or 2013) to free up their own pick for trading, if they had a mind to.

7. hle6

hle6 Member

It would be great if we can involve phoenix into the mix to get Steve Nash without getting Okafor's contract.

Phoenix - get a good point guard and a decent center
    get - CP + Okaford
    give - Nash + jason Richardson (expiring contract)

New Orleans - get rid of big contracts and have nice young talent + draft pick
    get - Jefferies + young talent + draft pick
    give - CP + Okafor

Houston - get a great pg years
    get - Nash
    give - Jefferies + yong talent+ draft pick

8. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

beastly team, to bad paula wont want to come to houston

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't forget Gater, but only Bima still regularly posts these days.

DD

10. pentajigga

pentajigga Member

Should be careful talking about picks as if they're all the same. See some people saying knicks can buy picks to trade to new orleans. no way! no team is selling any decent (sub 20) first round pick. And if it's above 20, it has diminishing value to the hornets.

my hope is that if the knicks want to get cp3, they have to involve us to somehow return their picks to them in exchange for something we want.

if that occurred, we'll really have torched the knicks in the mcgrady deal... even harder then we have to date.

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

:eek:

Isiah Thomas says your crazy

you'd take back problems soft four, middling to low-level role player and a first round pick three years from now over anything houston has to offer?

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My apologies to Gater. I had a suspicion that I'd forgotten someone. I wish the rest of the guys would post as often as Bima has been.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

old school. :)

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

u guys are going to start moaning when CP3 starts shooting bricks and the defenders are sitting in Yao's lap daring him to shoot. Plus Yao doesn't run the PnR alley oop at all. Don't blame it on AB, Rafer and Lowry have the same problem with Yao.

I don't like non shooting PG's, the cost you titles. Plus we have to take back Okafor's nasty contract. Weakens the team at the wing by giivng Bud, Battier, and Brooks.

Stop the madness.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If the defenders are sitting in Yao's lap, it means that they bought courtside seats and are in row 1. Hopefully he can resist the dare to shoot as it would be a technical.

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

New York currently holds a first round pick in 2011 -- either theirs or ours. We have the option to switch, taking the better of the two picks. We don't get both -- New York gets the one we don't want.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i've seen some GATER posts here in the past few weeks. he was reprimanding some rookie in one of them - he's still got that snappy lethal bite :grin:

1 person likes this.
  18. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I want to believe you OP, but you are oh so wrong.

Right, but they can trade the right to swap picks in 2013 and then their 2014 pick alone.

That applies to free agents and rookies NOT traded players. Any single one of those players can be traded seperately. They cannot be combined for at least 30 days, or is it 60? I know for a fact it's not the restricted deadline of Dec. 15(which is just FAs/rookies).

Curry's expiring contract, Douglas, rights to swap picks in 2013, pick in 2014.

]quote]which means our NY picks are attractive before Dec 15, 2010 and may drop in value towards the trade deadline depending on what NY pulls out or play.

so, as smart as DM, he will certainly try to sell high of these 2 picks, just like what he did to Landry and possibly will to Brooks, Budinger, JH, etc.[/quote]

We'll see. Hopefully all will be good.

it's a battle of assets and Portland will offer up Batum, Fernandez, Pryz(expiring), perhaps Bayless and picks. Which is a tough offer, but I feel we can always beat cause of the greatness of Morey.

19. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Something to remember about the Knicks potential to deal any future draft picks in any deals is that the 2012 pick we own from them is top 5 protected. So there is a possibility that we could get that pick from them in 2013 or 2014 or even further down the road if the Knicks are just atrocious. Or maybe they'll miss the playoffs but get lucky and get a top 3 pick in the lottery. So if the Knicks wanted to include multiple draft picks in a CP3 deal or any other deal, those picks could even be much further down the road. That might make their package less attractive. And if NO were to trade CP3 to NY, I don't think the right to swap draft picks with NY would be benefit NO at all.