1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wafer vs. Taylor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bandwagoner, Jul 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I think I've posted this before...

Although if you were trying to fill a microwave role off the bench, Wafer may be the better fit. Hmmm...wonder if everyone got the microwave reference...

2. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Von Wafer wasn't even good enough for the Olympicos for crying out loud lol. He just got fired from them

"According to Giannakis the American guard was simply not up for it anymore: "Von Wafer had a totally different philosophy than ours and could not adapt to the philosophy of the team. If someone is not up for it even to try, then he better stop doing it alltogether. It makes the rest of the guys (players) nervous." Giannakis said and wished Von Wafer good luck: "In any case we wish him all the best"

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/giannakis-von-wafer-was-simply-not-up-for-it-2805.html

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Assuming he is at least equal to what he was a few years ago, Wafer is clearly the better player right now. If you can't see that, I think you're just a 2nd round Morey homer. :p

4. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

as of right now wafer is the better player plain and simple but jt a rocket unlike von. i think jt also has more upside and is a way better defender but yea von is better. the dude can score.

5. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

LOL calm down man..

6. Sam the Ram

Sam the Ram Member

I don't know, i still like Taylor more bc I think he has a better attitude and is more willing to play in a team. There is a reason Wafer was drafted was in the first round but never really made it.
    I realize that Taylor is only a role player, but I think he is more tolerable than the hotshot knucklehead Wafer

7. valorita

valorita Member

I wonder what Rick told Taylor to work on this offseason in order to get playing time. As a role player, the easiest way to get PT is to offer the team something that they lack and be elite at it.
    Is Taylor elite at anything other than tunnel vision?