1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Bulls prepared to sign T-Mac

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Orlando improved and it wasn't just because of losing McGrady.

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

But T-Mac said the Rockets just weren't giving him a chance, and that he was 100% healthy!

But Tim Grover said he was elite and was ready to contribute to a championship right away.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Good to hear it!! Unless they are playing Houston.... Go Bulls!!

4. BetterThanEver

Um yeah, they improved when they switched out T-Mac for Rashard.

5. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

It made me laugh when I was reading it. lol
    As for your post, I agree- I think T-Mac can be like Grant Hill too. He has the basketball IQ and enough skills to still be a contributer to a team. I wish things didn't turn out the way they did in Houston b/c I think for the first few years he tried. But in the end he gave up before lots of the fans did. That being said- I wish him the best.

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'll 2nd that, drives me crazy to see how underapreciated he is in Houston!!

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

LOL @ McGrady fans.

It reminds me of Mike Tyson. Despite the guy being beyond washed up there is still a significant group of people who bought his pay-per-views thinking that he was suddenly going to morph back into the Tyson of old some day. To this day, there are still people that think he can be the old Mike again. McGrady fans are the same way.

How long before Tracy is shut out of the NBA, goes bankrupt, gets a tattoo all over one side of his face and we hear he is training to try out for the the UFC with Tim Grover claiming his training has made Tracy into "the best shape he has been in his whole life"?

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

He'll end up starting at the 2 by the end of the season. No way Brewer is gonna put up better numbers.

1 person likes this.
  9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Rashard Lewis wasn't the only move.

The Orlando team with Lewis and Howard was way different from the Magic teams McGrady played with.

Also Grant Hill contract not holding them back also helped.

10. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

The brother speaks the truth! Rep this man!

11. BetterThanEver

And the Rockets replaced T-mac in the startine lineup with Artest and improved too.

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

It's not a bad signing. Why wouldn't they take a chance? It's really a pretty low risk investment for Chicago. They're not going to commit much money to him and they're not dependent on him. If he can contribute then that's a plus. If they have issues of any kind then they can easily release him.

13. 34to11

34to11 Member

Plus 1

14. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

I don't get it. I can accept people hating T-Mac because of the things he "supposedly" did. However, I don't get why people use his losing history as an excuse to hate when the biggest loser has been sitting on our bench the whole time.

Yao is a proven injured cursed loser who made it out of the first round in what seemed like 20 tries. I wouldn't even give him credit for getting pass the first round either. It was a combination our role players and Ron that ended our drought.

I applaud DM for finally sticking it to T-Mac and getting rid of the injure prone "super-star". Yet, on the other hand, he finds another injure plagued volume shooter and building our future on the glimpse of hope that Yao will return healthy when he should be selling while he still can.

15. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

You are a keen observer. However, drawing up fantasies of T-Mac ending in a dump is a bit far. Sounds like someone is a little butt-hurt.

16. BetterThanEver

It's easier to do it in February, when the other team only has to take it on for 2 more months vs a whole season. The Kings only got back Donte Greene during the off season. We don't want to trade yao for just a trade exception and a borderline 1st round pick(28th). If we wait closer to the deadline, we might be able to get a young player and 2 lottery picks like we did with T-Mac.

17. BetterThanEver

I was referring to Artest's expiring contract for the Kings.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Too bad, the facts don't lie. Yao has been past the 1st round and was the star player of the time. Ask Pryzbilla how it felt going 1on1 during the first series vs. Yao when he was a perfect 9/9 and wouldn't miss. Don't hate Yao because T-Mac is made of glass and has no competitive spirit.

1 person likes this.
  19. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

good for Tmac...hopefully he can turn things around.

i would hate for him to end on a bad note.

20. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Guys that are hating on McGrady still and he isn't a houston rockets are the guys that probably love him.

Good signing for the bulls. A young team just 2 years ago or even last year now has veteran help with McGrady Boozer and Thomas. Being in the East i could easily see the Bulls being a top 3 seed team. Or even top 5.

I also believe that coming off the bench thing can change within training camp. Yeah he can accept the coming off the bench role but once training camp comes he can easily beat out Deng or Brewer. I don't expect that to last pretty long. Good Luck Mcgrady. Hope Tim Grover doesn't have to eat his words.