1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Big Lead leaves the Rockets out of their playoff predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets25, Jul 22, 2010.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

This is a blessing in disguise. They're never gonna know what hit them. Houston is always the dark horse.. no reason to change now.

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

this is good, now our team is going to play with a chip on there shoulders when the media continues to question whether they can make the playoffs, much less dethrone the lakers. i know it was a rally cry last year and this year should be no different, now that we have a full squad, the West is ours I say!

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I hope we get ranked last in all the polls.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have a deep team, but deep doesn't translate into wins necessarily.

We'll have to see what Yao gives us, how Martin plays, if Hill shows improvement, etc etc.

I don't really worry about this stuff.

We'll be a fun team to watch with all the pieces - Adelman has a lot to work with now. But...I do think for us to be in the top 5 or 6, Yao has to be dominating again and we have to get more from Ariza then we did last year particularly on the defensive end.

5. herro

herro Member

My e-mail actually received several responses. I've replied with further Houston defense, but I'm quite happy these schleps are leaving us out of the playoff picture.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

7. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

You sure did a good job getting them exposure...it's kind of odd that you know their financial status if you're just a typical fan...do you work for them or something?

9. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I don't understand why people give a crap about this type of stuff. Anybody can start their own sports blog and say whatever the hell they want, it's just one guy's opinion and it's usually just some random sports fan.

10. batizy

batizy Member

It is not from a mainstream media, most likely a product of LA fan.
    LA is afraid of 2 teams: Portland and Houston. Neither is in that list.
    Nuggets have too many injuries including their great coach.
    Spurs are too old and Thunders are still too young.
    Suns and Clippers have little chance to make playoffs.

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

lol who cares what a crappy blog thinks the standings are going to be next year.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

OP is Big Fail for getting riled up over rantings from the Big Lead.

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....pretty ridiculous predictions. Utah is a bubble team at best and frankly, I think they are closer to the lottery than the 6 seed. Phoenix got worse this summer, the Clippers have proven absolutely nothing at all and didn't get significantly better this year. I think Houston and Portland are far better bets than the other teams.

I also think OKC is drastically overrated in this analysis. I like Durant and that team too...but young teams have problems with consistency and even if Durant brings his A game through let's say 70 games, chances are his teammates will let him down enough that this team will be a 4/5 seed at very best.

I wouldn't be too mad at the Big Lead though - this article just proves they aren't long time basketball fans but rather guys who read the blurbs about player movement and make decisions based on the guys who are in the press more. They overrate young teams, underrated chemistry, and overrated risky new player additions(Hedo in Phoenix?). If Houston had acquired Kevin Martin two weeks ago, you better bet they would put them on the list. Pretty piss poor but hey - Vegas has to make money on someone and these are the types of yahoos who they take it from.

For the record, my prediction for the West is LA, Dallas, Portland, Houston, OKC, Denver, San Antonio, Utah or Phoenix...maybe the Clippers. Of course I think there are probably going to be at least two teams effected by injury significantly and I'm praying it's not Houston. My bet is it's LA and San Antonio. Kobe and the Lakers have had an AMAZING injury free streak and I think they have to stumble at some point - everyone does even superhuman guys like Jordan. If it's not Kobe, it's key guys like Gasol or Odom. As for San Antonio - I think they trade Parker before the trade deadline to start rebuilding. Duncan looked pretty bad last year and I think if he starts to stumble, san Antonio moves Parker and rides Hill. Even if Duncan looks rejuvenated, I still think they do it, but maybe hold out for a better deal. Can you say Ricky Rubio in San Antonio?

14. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

NIce. it's good to be an underdog.

[​IMG]

15. pass_to_Hakeem

Clippers are gonna have a solid team, not just Griffin, but if they sign TMac ..to go with their draft pick from this year, and their 2nd year players are gonna only get better.. I don't think the Clippers will be laughable this next year IF ....of course, they can stay healthy, BUT THAT can also be said for Houston... if Yao goes down, we aren't making the playoffs...we had a pretty good year with only one and a half ALL Stars on the team, but close doesn't get you into the playoffs

16. pass_to_Hakeem

yeah but a lot of teams in the West got better this off season, save for maybe Utah (although Utah did get Al Jefferson which I think will be a better fit than losing Boozer) and Phoenix ... San Antonio got another great draft pick it looks like, plus some overseas phenom is coming over, and resigning Jefferson, the Lakers for GOD's sake got better, Blake, Barnes and Theo Ratliff, Dallas got a little better, the CLippers had a nice draft this year to go with Blake coming back,....so its not gonna be Lakers then Houston (not with the team we have now), if we can make a trade, one more star on this team, THEN YEAH ...I agree we are a top 4 team in the West, cause Yao back healthy will be a great great asset

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

E-mail back from Jason McIntyre, their editor, after I e-mailed him about the Clippers over the Rockets somehow:

"thanks.

i have received plenty of emails about Houston. who knew the Rockets had that many fans?"

18. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

The Big Lead = The Big Fail :rolleyes: Clippers... nuff said.

19. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Guys, theres no reason to debate about this. WE know how good we can be and how good we ARE, the media forgets, like always.. we're always a dark horse, and as fans we have to live with it every offseason and just wait till the season, when we prove everybody wrong. ;)

20. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

WOW.. that guys a dbag.. i cant wait till the clips go 20-62 and we're seeded 4-6.

I hope chuck sits on him. :grin: