1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Chuck Hayes get anymore valuable minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If Hill pick up his game, I don't think he'll see any minutes.

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H7P6eil2yds&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H7P6eil2yds&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. WNBA

WNBA Member

Hayes is a legend.

5. MattM

MattM Member

i wouldnt be surprised if you saw Chuck starting at the 4 some. Bring Scola in for Chuck after 9 minutes in the first and let Luis finish out the half.

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If someone on the team struggle or not guarding someone inside...then you can expect Hayes to get minutes.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Chuck's minutes will obviously decrease, but it depends on what you mean by valuable.

He has to play enough (or well enough) this season to get another contract.

My guess is he may start the season playing backup to Scola and then maybe as the season moves on lose some minutes to Jordan or Patrick.

Either way, he will still be utilized as a defensive stopper when we need him.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He's the backup PF until Patterson or Hill take that from him and I wouldn't expect to see it this season.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Can he defend the 4? How long have you been a Rocket fan for?

Chuck Hayes is and always has been a power forward, and a Stopper. He started there next to Yao Ming. And he backed it up behind Scola, until Landry proved himself. When Dirk or KG lit us up, it was him that iced them down. Just because the talking heads on ESPN smirk through their ignorant mouths when they talk about a "6'6 starting center", now we have people who think he is useless? People forget that, playing completely out of position, he was the "6'6 starting center" of a winning team.

Does he deserve more time than Hill and Patterson? What the hell have Hill and Patterson done in the NBA? When Hill grows a pair and learns how to attempt to pretend to look like he is contesting a layup, maybe then he can hold the Chuckwagon's jockstrap. As for Patterson, I would love more than anyone for him to take the backup 4 spot by season's end. But for now, the dude hasn't played 1 single minute in the NBA.

Does Chuck deserve more time than Hill and Patterson?

Um, YEAH.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No.

The only reason I'm typing this extra sentence is because "the message I have entered is too short," and that I need to "please lengthen my message to at least 5 characters."

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I hope your right. We cant play 14 players anyway.

12. G-Money

G-Money Member

:grin:

13. PeppermintCandy

I think it will depend on which power forward complements Brad Miller in the second unit. I like the idea of a defensive guy like Hayes combining with Miller.

Then again, after Patterson gets adjusted to the NBA, the frontcourt of Patterson and Miller could be very interesting.

14. G-Money

G-Money Member

This....

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Even in an ideal world, yao would miss 15 games or so (basically, soreness = take the week or so off)

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

The above is an astute observation. I just don't see the minutes for Chuck, I think Jeffries/Hill/Chuck are situational players and will be used during the season to give the Yao's and Miller a break against the scrub teams.

17. G-Money

G-Money Member

Hill will be in the rotation, back up PF for Scola.

18. h0uston83

h0uston83 Member

Chuck Hayes will receive some very valuable minutes-- only because he knows Rick Adelman's system VERY well.

Chuck Hayes has the ability to make an offense run smooth without making any mistakes or turnovers. He knows where to be and where to go on certain sets...and to Rick Adelman, that's all he'd want from a veteran.

-- Consider Chuck Hayes [the veteran] getting minutes ONLY if Hill & Patterson, are not able to flow smoothly through Rick Adelman's offense.

Plus Chuck is the "Chuck Wagon"-- lol

19. h0uston83

h0uston83 Member

Great video post. This clip, makes me want to sign Hayes to a 17 year contract extension..lol

Truly though - Hayes is very valuable to us.

20. G-Money

G-Money Member

Good points.