1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I'm selling my Mustang

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Jul 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

No, this is not a for sale thread.

I know some of you know how much I've loved Mustangs. My dad owned a '69 and got me hooked, and I'm on my 3rd Stang, a supercharged '06, but since I got my F150, I just don't drive her anymore. Aside from that, the boys don't fit in the back anymore. Oddly, I'm not bothered by it. Selling it will free up about $600 in cash. She isn't sold yet, and if a buyer does not pay what I'm asking, I will just keep the stang.

I guess I just outgrew it.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A sad sad day FT.......

I miss my stangs to this day....I can still visit my '69 at my brothers house as he got it from me, and is also restoring another '69 convertible.

DD

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Man....say it ain't so.

I have an '88 GT hatch with a '93 5.0 motor and interior. It has a LOT of miles....over 200K....and I'm hoping to have to cash to rebuild it here before long, as well as getting the new 5.0 or something else for a daily driver.

The Mustang bug will get you again, I think.

4. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

You should have left it stock like my 2006. I made the mistake of dumping 10K in my Lightning's engine and then sold it a year later.

They are just more fun to drive in the long run when they are factory stock.

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

***insert pic of SCK***

6. Falcons Talon

Stock? Nope. Never.

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I had a boss who made the same decision. Sold his Mach 3 and bought an SUV. He ended up with a 92 LX 5.0 hardtop a year later that he could do whatever with. He liked the old basic track/car show Mustang better than the newer daily driver.

8. fmullegun

Well, some of us have grown up. Have fun taking the huge loss. I know I did.

9. fmullegun

Mach 1?

10. Falcons Talon

Grown up. LOL. The car has already been modified. The bluebook covers the remaining payment and I added the price of mods.

LMAO. I like the way you act like everyone makes your mistakes.

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Wow, didn't know there was so many fellow Mustang afficionados here on Clutchfans!
    I don't think I could ever sell mine, got way too much time and money invetsed in it. That and my 5 year old son would cry for months! He loves that car!

12. fmullegun

Once you sell it the money you dumped into mods goes into the toilet. U will never get anything but a small % of the cash back. No one wants a used supercharger kit for more than 40% of retail. Plus u would have to pull it off.

I also found that the mods on my lightning made me grow tired of thinking about it all the time. That is why I am excited about the 2011 Stang. 5.0 and no need for mods.

13. Falcons Talon

I don't know. Even though I used to be involved in mustang clubs, even starting a local Mustang Club, I've just lost interest. I can't take my family in the car, and the truck is really a lot of fun. 4x4 offroad F150 that I can use to tow my boat and take my family anywhere at anytime. I never thought I would get to this point, but I don't feel bad about it in the least. Weird.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I came into this thread purely to ask if the Mustang comes with a 6'3 Latino.

Well, does it?

1 person likes this.
  15. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

This just might be the most ridiculous thing I've read on this BBS.

16. Falcons Talon

I guess you missed the part where I said if I don't get what I'm asking, I won't sell it.

You sure seem to think you know alot about what I'm doing.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah, it's priorities.

You'll always love those cars. Some day you'll probably own another.

18. Falcons Talon

Not just no, but HELL NO!

19. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

not a fan of Ford vehicles but I feel for ya. Just put up for sale my 99' GMC Sierra that I've had for quite some time..gonna miss her :(

20. Falcons Talon

But I don't think I will. I modified a '92 GT much more extensively and had no problem selling her.

I washed her and took my wife on a date to see how much I enjoy the car, but it just didn't seem that big of a deal.