1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Confused as to why the Kyle Lowry Twitter thread was closed?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by mlwoo, Jul 8, 2010.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Nah, idiots who take twitter seriously have really made a negative impact on BBS.

2. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Confused I am as well.

3. tomjc

tomjc Member

wow I got banned for speaking up, what kind of forum is this now like a dictatorship?

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I just got rookified... was this because I made a comment in the Clutchfans v. Rockets organization thread? I'd seriously like to know why I deserved this? I keep my posts appropriate and post here all the time. Lighten up.

5. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Whoa, why are YOU rookie??

This is getting ridiculous... its a FORUM! People should be able to express their opinions freely.

I got moved to red because there was a thread of who we should get now, and i made one like 10 mins later asking what everybody thought about mike miller and ray allen, and how i liked moreys approach.. NOT anything about who we should get, yet it gets locked within mins and I go red. :confused:

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

not sure why... but I'm thinking it has to do with a comment I made, which qualified itself, so I don't see why it's such a big deal. People seem to freak over the smallest things on the BBS lately. Who knows the real reason for all this... maybe they've all got anger management issues or high blood pressure.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Don't know why you got negative rep, although you can certainly email them to make your case. From what you wrote, I imagine they merged your thread. That's what happens to me when I just make up some random crappy thread that really has no need to be started.

But that said, this is a Rockets message board owned by Clutch, not public land. The 1st amendment doesn't apply to this board. So you can't really expect full freedom of speech. (i.e. talking about how awesome Stockton and Malone are and how much Hakeem sucks will get you banned.) I know what's discussed here isn't up to that level of blasphemy. But you really can't expect having civil rights or something here.

8. Prince

Prince Member

YoYo asked this question to our DM but this tweet was locked. Hmmn, I smell a conspiracy here.

ToyCen, i'll leave this job to you. :)

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No you can't expect these things, we all shouldn't. However, if they want happy posters and people to come back, they need to promote free discussion to some extent. I feel like in my case I really didn't do anything and they were unjustified. If they want to rookify me, go ahead, however I might not be coming to this forum of limited discussion much in the future if there is no room for even basic discussion.

Who knows the real reason this happened. Among some of the people on this forum, it seems like there is a bitter resentment for anyone who isn't part of "the old clutch fans." I've not been here a decade, but I've been here long enough to figure that much out.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans cracking down! :)

12. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Redgoose Tweet!

Chillin' on the coach reding about tweeter. Might get somthing to eat in awhile after i figure out how to use spellcheck. Peace out! ;)

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I wish you would close every stupid ass thread. It would leave much on board but it would be alot easier to find a good thread.

On the Stupid-Ass-Thread-Meter the Lowry one wasn't so bad.

14. tomjc

tomjc Member

PLENTY OF PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD DESERVE AN APOLOGY!

15. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

So you're going to apologize to everyone for wasting everyones time with your crappy conspiracy thread. Great.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Do I smell a revolt cooking?

This isn't a democracy, it's a clutchocracy.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I feel sad because I know the reference to that quote.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Please send the apology to clutch@clutchcity.net when you're ready.

1 person likes this.
  19. tomjc

tomjc Member

oh please, to support what now seems like a corporatism for the front office? swallow your pride and acknowledge that some of your admins were trigger happy

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

While we're complaining, I had a sig that conveyed that politics were stupid, then I got a neg rep for it being political.

It makes sense, but my neg rep referred to a rule that sigs can't be political, like it is common knowledge. Maybe there's a set of rules I should read that I don't know about...?

1 person likes this.