1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you like Ron Artest?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EffTheJazz!!!, Jul 18, 2010.

1. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Before you answer, remember, like it or not, he was the reason we got out of the first round for the first time in like 12 yrs. Yea, I know, I wasn't a big fan of those random, jack up threes with time left on the clock either, but he was a great teammate and was always sticking up for you.. I always thought the league needs more people like him (personality wise). He was really becoming one of the guys, and I really liked having him in the team. (I do think we're a better team now) I actually think he made MORE of an impact on this team than Ariza, although we need to give him time with Yao and Kmart. Now, we have nobody like that, and although we're good, we're still more under the radar than before, and I liked having more packed of a lineup. Not praising him, but I did kinda like him on the team.

Anyway, did you like Ron Artest?

Lock if you want, I was just wondering what people really thought of him.

2. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Damnit, forgot to add poll.. Mods, if you can... please do.

3. herro

herro Member

even with all his faults I liked him

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I liked Ron, and I appreciate what he did here. That said, I was happy to see him go. He had clearly lost a step on a defense and had trouble playing within the offense.

I hold no grudges though. Honestly, I still like T-Mac too.

#4 dharocks, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Move this thread to dish

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

NBa dish material....and he wasnt the reason we got past the blazers. At least 3 other guys were more important in that series than him.

7. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

I was thinking about it, but he was a ROCKET player, GARM said anything Rockets, sooo...

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Tell me YOU didn't think about shaving Houston onto the side of your head . . . that was a fun ride.

9. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

I loved him in his Indiana days. A year before he was traded to Houston, my friend and I were talking about how we should trade for Ron. A year later, it happened, and I was ecstatic. I loved his atitude and his defensive mind. He brought that atitude to the organization and everything. I really miss Ron the Rocket. He deserved the ring he won this year!

1 person likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't like when some Rockets fans make it seem like he is the sole reason we got out of the first round. He had a hand it but let's not give him so much credit

With that said, I loved Ron Artest! Even with all his faults: "Knuckelheadedness", 3pt jacking, and Phantom play calling he never loafed. He played hard and I think the younger guys fed off his intensity. I still believe we are scrappy team but we were bull dogs 2 years ago. I'm going to miss that brand of basketball.

11. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

I'm pretty sure most people liked him when he was here. They just won't admit it because he left for the Lakers.

12. Salvation710

Salvation710 Member

It was lots of fun when Ron was here.

13. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

loved him.

there was one game early in the season, against dallas, there was a foul call and josh howard pushed/elbowed yao ming and yao retaliated. ron quickly got to yao and the rest of the mavs were panic shoving him away cos they thought he was going to start a fight. ron of course didnt even bother to push back the pos mav players.

later in that game, ron shoots a 3 from the top of the key and jumps up and down in the middle of the court. tmac was cheering n towel waving on the sidelines.

so many awesome things happened with ron that year. him getting pulled into the seats in that last game against portland in the 1st round n the press conference with yao after that game. he was fun n it was good being a rockets fan that year.

1 person likes this.
  14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Decent enough guy, even with his bizarre tribal honor streak.

Good defender, strong post game when he uses it, but the Artest brick deserves its own place in the vernacular.

15. Tmcrcks1

Tmcrcks1 Member

he was fun, but disliked his game. overrated defense imo

16. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

Here is another one.
    Do you like penis?

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Didn't really care for him as a player.

Loved him as a person.

18. serious black

serious black Contributing Member

Even though it was only a year, one of my all time favorite Rockets.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Even though people don't want to say he was the sole reason why we got out the first round... without him we wouldn't have got out the first round period. Battier or Yao are not leading you out the first round. Listen what Bill and Clyde said and the end of the day.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hb9CWnqaASQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hb9CWnqaASQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  20. joesr

joesr Member

He wasnt the reason we got out of the first round but a big part. A very big part.

Saying he made a bigger impact then Trevor is a unfair assessment. With and without Yao is a huge differential to make an assumption like that. If Yao had not been injured then his role would have been different although if Yao had not been injured Ron might still be with us.

Yes I loved when Ron was a Rocket