1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brad Miller signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jaingfang, Jul 17, 2010.

Tags:
?

Brad Miller the next Brent Barry

1. yes-he will run out of gas like Brent

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. no-he will be a solid contributor & play well

46 vote(s)
    80.7%
  1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Too much money for a guy who is declining, but he fills a need. A shot blocker/defensive center would've been better, but the options were limited. Hopefully, he can bring it for 20 mins per night. One thing I do like about Miller is that he's not afraid to take a hard foul and even make a dirty play or two. Rockets need that on this team. Houston has too many nice guys. By the time the Rockets gets a young backup center, Yao will be gone.

2. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I think we paid a bit much for him.

But then again, I never really question Morey anymore.

3. worzel gummidge

Rockets can take on 25% more salary in a trade. As previously posted "e.g Rockets trade $20M for $26M".

4. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

I think that's what it is. It's all Scola's fault. Don't you see people are still complaining about Scola's well deserved new contract after having enjoyed his 3 years of incredible performance, virtually for free.

5. Rocket...AB

Rocket...AB Member

did anyone one see how much Aaron Brooks gets paid omg that is soooooooo stupid he makes less then Jorden Hill and he almost made the allstare game soo thats frusterating haha well if u want to see the how much money everyone gets paid then u should go to thedreamshake.cm just soo u know!LOL

6. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

No kidding. I'd rather have a guy who plays above his pay grade for years, proves himself, and then gets rewarded, then a guy who's overpaid from the get-go and underachieves.

7. jason3333

jason3333 Member

welcome to houston brad!

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Things change and if they dont we have asolid crew. Who is a better combo than Brad Miller and Yao? Nobody ecxept Dwight Howard and his backup. Answer for Brooks and Lowry? Probably the same since Chicago got rid of Heinrick as Roses backup. Maybe you could put some guys ahead for one star alone like Chris Paul and Deron Williams? Brooks and Lwory and Brad Miller and Yao are as good as it gets though. Then Martin and Bud? Ariza and Battier? Scola by himself holds up aginst most top powerforwards. So uh?? Yeah they can compete. This team has depth. Like never before and start the season with it from begining to end with no trades in the middle unless its for real upgrades this time. Not more rookies like Hill and Jeffries as aunkown to workj into the mix midseason. Totally different situation. Only an astute observer would know the difference. Casual NBA fans or Lakers fans from other boards just see us as same ole Rockets and disregard the whole injuries to Lowry, Yao, and trades. No Martin, No Hill, No big man. Now two new players Brad and Yao over 7 feet. Hill not a rookie, Martin seconds year, Brooks coming off allstar type year, budinger not a rookie. Alot has changed. Can be huge. if people cant see that? Not my problem. That just means teams and their fans wont be ready when the new Rockets come into town.

2 people like this.
  9. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Next they are going to sign Mike Bibby for 50 million. Is this a Morey's call or Adleman's decision?

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats not to say I am happy with the final product yet though or content. NO!!!! They need one more ove to be in real contention. This move only makes me happier because I think that one more move is coming now. if it doesnt i will be a very sad Panda. :( Then a very angry PANDA! :mad:

Thats for later though and I will give them time to work it out. :cool:

11. psingh34

psingh34 Member

What is lost in all this is the fact that the 5 million brad gets this year is going to cost Les 10 mil because of the salary cap. We need to be thankful for our owner who is willing to spend money when it is needed .. he could have easily said brad miller is not worth 10 million of my money but when was the last time rockets didnt make a move bc Les didnt want to pay? Lets to forget the fact that teams get PAID if they are under the salary cap, so not only is Les losing out on money by paying taxes he is also losing out on money bc he wont get the share other teams do. We have a great owner in Les

12. psingh34

psingh34 Member

no one is saying he is a star but back up center was a big need for us and he was the best one available through FA esp when u factor Adelmans system. He doesnt make us a championship team but he does fill a need for this team, a team that we needed to fill pretty badly and it cost Les 10 million a year to get it done

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Of course no moves after this??? Then its RAGEEEEEEEE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

But for now I like Brad Miller if its part of their plan till they do something else in another move.

14. rocketsmetalspd

Because O'neal did not want to come to Houston. He still thinks he is starter not coming off the bench and he does not know the RA system of passing from the elbow side of the court.

15. StevieCrossover

Well Jeff Van Gundy brought back all the old geezers from his previous teams, So can Adelman!

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Last time I checket was about 4,89 m

17. mofuggin_OG

mofuggin_OG Member

taxes kid taxes

18. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

you pay dollar-to-dollar LT

actually this is what Les thinking:
    $4.89M this year (we really need a back-up center to spare Yao so it worth it)
    probably $2.5M next year (only pays half season because of the upcoming lock-out)
    $1.5~$2.5M 3rd. year cause it's only partially guaranteed

not bad actually ;)

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW...that's a lot of cash for the Aging Miller.

We need a big body...but damn.

our off season...blah.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

The third year of the contract is partially guaranteed, sources said.