1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[woj]Awesome we're a cult!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Riley had Wade wooing Bosh on South beach with beautiful women, waterfront property, stars and warm sunny breezy weather. Morey had an IPAD and 3 truckloads of wacko crazed rowdies driving lost all over the country chasing after him.

It was never a contest. I told him they should show up in stretch hummer full of centerfold babes and an Ipad filled with their pictures and phone numbers. That may not have made a difference but it certainly would have spread the word to other free agents we ain't playing.

Red Rowdies driving lost all over the country visiting old Rockets hometowns in Arkansas, Alabamie and Louisiana somehow doesn't do it for me.

I honestly think Bosh deliberately flew back to Dallas to avoid it.

2. Gooshie

Gooshie Member

I've been involved in a number of cults both as a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Morey is GREAT!!! but we gotta get some more size inside!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Shut up and get back to work in the kitchens, you had your computer hour for the week already.

Followers....SHEESH !

DD

5. Gooshie

Gooshie Member

I am incredibly confused by this...

6. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

lmao. im done implanting my seed into the virgin girls. what shall i do next lord DD?

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Can I put that on my resume?

8. DaDakota

There are still far too many virgin girls, I know it is a tough task, but I would not ask it unless I knew you were such a prodigious follower.

Get back to work, and do not wrap that rascal.

DD

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I like Woj's writing but he's definitely got his opinions about people, some more obvious than others. For example, he clearly dislikes Lebron James and Kevin Pritchard (see writing last season about Tom Penn's firing). He also dislikes George Shinn, but who doesn't?

I don't think he likes Morey much since he's part of the "new school" guys like Pritchard (who went to Morey's conference -- which was sponsored by ESPN and attended by lots of ESPN guys and no Yahoo sports guys-- and seemed to seems quite friendly with Morey). I don't recall Woj being ever very explicit about not liking Morey, though-- just little hints here and there.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

In Morey We Trust.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Morey and ESPN seem to be tight, while Woj and ESPN most definitely are not. Maybe it stems from that.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

well Woj works for ESPN's direct competitor i figure there would be some sort of bad blood or at least competitive fire there

it could be Morey doesnt like Woj not because he has good sources, but that Woj broke the stories regarding Yao, the T-mac saga of last season etc. Those may have hurt the Rockets in actually making a move or caused them to lose a lot of leverage in any possible deals.

I can see any GM not just Morey getting upset about that.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Space City Kid? Is that you?

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

CultCity? :(

CultFans.com?

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

REJOICE, YE WHO LONG FOR RINGS!! FOR VERILY I SAY UNTO THEE, I GIVE YOU YOUR REWARD!!!!

[​IMG]

16. aaaa

aaaa Member

If I remember correctly, during Bill Simmons podcast with Chad Ford (post NBA draft), did Ford not mention that he was close with Pritchard? Could be another case where ESPN is tight with one GM, which somehow makes it so that Yahoo is not close with that individual...

17. DaDakota

Ah, a man who liked roasted nuts.

DD

18. Gascon

Gascon Member

Yep...that made me laugh out loud. Well done. :grin:

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is a cult
    A cult of

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7xxgRUyzgs0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7xxgRUyzgs0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  20. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Never thought I'd see David Koresh's picture on this site.