1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PD] Zydrunas Ilgauskas signing up with Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by the_hustler, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Good signing by the Heat.

2. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Playing on the olympic team is NOTHIN like playing 82 games in a NBA season. I dont even see them getting past the ECF. Lebron stans will be making more excuses

3. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

I don't see them winning first year. Playoff is about mismatch. A big team can dominate inside, getting all the rebounds.

But within 1 year or 2, after fixing their holes via MLE/LLE. They may have too many offense weapons for other teams.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The Jordan Bulls didn't need dominant big men, they won plenty before getting Rodman, who didn't guard Centers anyway

5. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I thought the Heat wouldn't be able to win it all this year because I didn't think they had the goods to sign a center w/ size, a 3pt shooter, and a serviceable pg. I'm revising this in light of the recent signings. Haslem and Z shore up the front line and miller is an excellent spacer.

6. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

I wonder how will they react to only one of them getting the spot light.
    Any jealousy?

7. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Bron Wade Bosh are a bad matchup for all teams.

8. goodbug

Size matters. When the game gets extremely physical in playoff, and refs let them play, the more physical team almost always win. The finals of last season illustrated this.

First 3 games, Lakers in command, would be 3:0 if not for RA's super hot hand. Game 4 and 5, Bynum hobbled, Celtics claimed advantage, game 6 and 7, Perkins down, Celtics lost badly in rebound battle and couldn't close despite of higher shooting %.

The bulls team had Longley, who had good size to match most bigman. And Rodman who's always the league leading rebounder. It's like having a Ben and a younger and stronger Z inside.

9. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Bosh was of the top power forwards in the league last year, with one of The highest per and eff in the league last season.

10. clippy

clippy Member

Another horrible analysis by goodbug. If the refs had "let them play" in game 7, the Lakers would have lost. They only won because of the endless parade of FTs with Joey "#1 Laker Fan" Crawford calling whistles every time down.

At any rate, the tables are now turned, because not only are the Heat likely to set records for wins, but for FTs as well. I'm going to LOL at all of the whiny Faker douchebags complaining about all of the FTs LBJ, Wade, and Bosh get in the next five years.

11. goodbug

Are you implying you are a whiny douchebag Laker hater? LOL

We all know how Wade set record on FT shooting in 06 finals. You don't have to remind me of that.

12. clippy

clippy Member

Yep, and you can expect more FTs for not only Wade, but LBJ and Bosh too as the Heat get teams into the penalty early and often.

The wonderful thing is you won't even be able to cry about it, because three recent Faker titles ('00, '02, and '10) are each due to 20+ 4th quarter FTs in critical game 7 situations, an astounding (and unheard of) stat.

13. goodbug

Stop whining, Lakers lost 4 games in west playoff, all no less than 19FT disparity. And the two game 6 they won were close to that.

True championship overcame adversity, not feeding on Stern's agenda. You must suffer really bad after all these Lakers' dynasty. LOL. It's just a game, don't suck your soul into it.

14. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Lakers need to sign Dan Crawford this summer to have a shot at the trophy again. Joe was very efficient for them, but with Heat stacking up, they need more talents.

15. devilsdandruff

lol?
    Cavs traded Z away at trade deadline.
    so.