1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets Organization GTFO of Clutchfans thread, please

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tomjc, Jul 10, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol. It's dangerous to have access to a player's every burp and cough in an age of blackberries and iphones... it's a recipe for information overload.

2. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

IMO, the lowry thread should not have been closed. There are countless threads on baseless rumors and those were not closed (maybe because they were positive rumors). If its not popular, it will drop and its gone. If it doesn't drop the list then people are at least interested in it and that is the whole point of this website...

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

maybe some of the mods were sick of people reading into a tweet that was about LeBron and not Lowry (like myself)

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

hmm no proof at all... but I do have to admit, sometimes I wonder about this BBS. Does Clutch show any signs of living a life style outside of that of his career? If so, then I think we know why.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

That Lowry tweet wasn't a freaking rumor. If if he tweeted that in context with where he wish to end up next year as a player, then you'd be correct. But we have absolutely no context as to what his tweet means.

It's like when Scola tweeted "it's a very sad day" and non-Soccer fans took that as somehow he disliked the Rockets.

6. rocketry

rocketry Member

Exactly.

I trust in Morey as much as the next man but if a player is possibly voicing his dissatisfaction then let him speak and let us speculate until we are proven otherwise.

The "Bosh to Houston" threads ran rampant but the "Lowry Perturbed" thread is locked?

I know for a fact that Rockets staff and PLAYERS read this forum.

We shall speak because there is nowhere else for us to be heard.

"The First Amendment will never die, for us to have our ancestors died." -- 2 Live Crew

7. VBG

VBG Member

Most threads are based on speculation. Here there was a tweet, it wasn't just a pure rumor.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

5OY. Toycen. Popeye. Stix. Mugatu. Bill Murray. Deke. Salsa. Maybe no

9. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

some blind faith that everyone LOVES to play in Houston flying around in here...

10. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

LOL I was just about to post something along the lines of this.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

So what did lowry actually say in the tweet? I missed it.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I generally agree with you, but I think that tweet was a lot more than simply "gone!!" (previous dumb thread started). There was no harm in discussing/speculating what it meant, except maybe to the Rockets PR staff.

13. mob16151

mob16151 Member

I am a Rockets employee. I'd just like to take this opportunity to say "All your base are belong to us." :grin:

14. tomjc

tomjc Member

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that Lowry thread vs. the thread titled "Is Lebron James a Little b****?" which is open for discussion.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

One is an opinion thread and the other is speculation wrapped and disguised as news. If you started an "I think Kyle Lowry is leaving Houston thread" and clearly stated you have little to no evidence, only a hunch, chances are the mods would keep it open.

16. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Locking a thread based on life fabrication is fine. Doing so because there was discussion behind what Lowry said and the mods didn't like the consensus is nothing other than censorship.

Hey its a bbs, and as I was told once before, not mine. You don't like it you move on.

17. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Well this is a bbs forum. You could of always chose to, I don't know, NOT read it. So hen the issue at hand isn't what the subject was at all. It was what peoples opinions were on this subject that got it locked. Got it....

18. aristophanes34

You should check out the book Voodoo Histories: The Role of the Conspiracy Theory in Shaping Modern History by David Aaronovitch. It is a great read.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes, all threads based on a tweet should be deleted. I hate anything to do with tweeting.

20. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Umm... I love head though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.