1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LA or MIA: who would you root for?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Jul 8, 2010.

?

LA or Miami: Who do you root for?

1. LA

147 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Miami

100 vote(s)
    32.2%
  3. I hate them equally. Neither.

64 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

i hate them Both.

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I would root for Jihad.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Never before or ever again would I root for a player to have an injury, but I would want there to a an epidemic of knee injuries in that series. The final game have to finish with the Heat pulling some guy out of the stands and Adam Morrison having to play in his suit and tie.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

LA... but I honestly think Miami is no match for LA even with LeBron/Wade/Bosh (assuming they get Shaq, Miller, McGrady, and a bunch of scrubs). The Lakers are a complete team.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Lebron was talking about all the championship teams and when he talked about the 90s, he didn't even mention the Rockets.

for that, I'm rooting for the Lakers. Cause Kobe remembers Clutch City, that's why he went to Dream for some training.

Clutch City.

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

so did i.

7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I respect Kobe. I respect his rings. I respect his ability. I respect his leadership. I still don't like him as a person, though.

I don't respect LeBron/Bosh. They don't have rings. I respect their ability. They don't have leadership. I don't like either of them.

Obviously, I'd root for the Lakers if that doomsday scenario ever came to fruition, but only if I had to root for someone. Chances are I'd just not watch/care.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

how did you, a 99er, miss the underlying respect he was paying to dream in that statement? he was talking about all the help the greats had played with (magic with kareem, jordan with pippen and grant, duncan with drob and manu and parket), but he knew dream didn't need all that help. granted, i guess that's dissing the rest of the roster, but i'll go with the respecting dream angle.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Drexler was a great. top 50 hall of famer.

LeBron forgot about Clutch City.

10. BrooksnLowry

BrooksnLowry Member

Yea, its going to be really fun to watch Miami I just think people are mad jealous.

11. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I seem to remember two All-Stars latching onto Kobe and Shaq after their trio of championships. That's right, Karl Malone and Gary Payton wasn't it? How'd that work out? Not so well?

12. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

That's right, Malone at 39 and Payton 35. How old are LBJ and Bosh? Pretty young huh buddy?

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He was a Jordan fanboy. Probably didn't even watch the NBA when Jordan retired the first time.

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If Kobe and the Lakers beat the Heat in the Finals next season, I'd have no choice but admit Kobe is the 2nd or 3rd greatest player of all time...

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Sorry but I gotta go with the Lakers, these three guys are teaming up with each other to try and fix the league. The Lakers are a well built team even though they got lucky getting Pau they gave up Marc to get him. The Heat are a team with three guys I can not sympathize with. I hope Lebron never wins a championship.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

And for the record I was once a fan of Lebron but he completely loses my interest after this even though it was a choice about winning it seems a bit soon and cowardice to throw in the towel at 25.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'm disappointed in you. Chris Bosh, who plays for the Heat now, worked out with Hakeem the Dream also. So he remembers Clutch City too.

Ralph Sampson is rolling in has grave after reading the thread and seeing all the Rockets fans pick LA.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LF740MqYbOs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LF740MqYbOs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

18. tinman

Supporting Member

He didn't diss the Rockets in front of billions of people by not mentioning them among championship teams.

LeBron did that in front of millions of people.

talked about the Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, Celtics etc and NO ROCKETS were remotely mentioned.

I don't care if Chris Bosh or Chris Rock were on the Heat.

We got dissed.

Clutch City rules everything around me

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Unfortunately, my preferred answer: "Neither, I'll root for injuries" wasn't provided as a choice.

20. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

I posted this in the other identical thread, but I'll post it again here. Those of you Rocket fans saying LA, have you already forgot about what went down just one year back?

[​IMG]

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Y8CzEjNVJw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Y8CzEjNVJw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0PsPATt5_DA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0PsPATt5_DA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Screw LA