1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dan Gilbert's Message to Cavs Fans (knocks LeBron)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HRocketsFan, Jul 8, 2010.

1. tested911

tested911 Member

No I think it's because of the city :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

no wonder Lebron bailed. imagine working for that slime ball for 7 years ... :eek:

3. tested911

tested911 Member

Repped right here..

NBA = Entertainment...

It is what we crave...

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Cleveland needed this. Props to Dan Gilbert.

It's funny how a forum of guys who are still crying over Chris Bosh not signing with the Rockets has suddenly turned into the "it's just business. don't take it persona"l crowd.

1 person likes this.
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You shouldn't be a little worried. Try a lot. The Cavs owner has made himself almost radioactive.

Wait until you find out Byron Scott isn't that great of a coach. But at least he's better than Mike Brown (which is saying absolutely nothing).

6. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Agreed. People need to drop the whole "it's just a business" argument--that's not and never was the issue. It's HOW he went about it this last year, stringing along so many different people just for the attention (the guy is an attention w****, you can't deny that no matter how much you admire his game and talent). The culmination with this hour long televised "special" was the icing on the cake--the event was beyond tacky. There really was no reason for him to do that--sure the charity money was nice but it was no more than a thinly veiled attempt at putting a cheap positive spin on something pretty crappy. The money could have easily been gathered and donated through other means I'm sure.

As much as I despise Kobe, I don't think he ever would have pulled such a stunt, but he also doesn't dance in the middle of a game during a blowout and get a tattoo of the "chosen 1" on himself.

7. TheresTheDagger

I'm sorry, but Cleveland needed an owner with a cooler head tonight.

Let the talking heads vent with the fans. The owner needs to think about the future of his organization. This kind of move makes it that much more difficult to sign free agents in the future nothing more.

What a crazy night in the NBA. Never seen anything like it.

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yeah, but it's kind of tough be held up to Kobe's 'high standards' with regards to press conference appearances, isn't it? :p

[​IMG]

9. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Well of course the owner is pissed

he bought the team with Lebron in it 5yrs ago

and now that Lebron left

the Cleveland Cavs probably just lost $200mil in value.

10. angryman

angryman Contributing Member

LOL! I love this letter.

The world would be so boring if everyone spoke like our classy Battier. :grin:

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't mind what dan gilbert said. I rather enjoyed it.

Maybe it's sour grapes, or maybe it's going to be a renewed vow to win, or at least **** block.

12. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

To the people who are saying "this is just a business", the way Lebron carried himself during this process sure wasn't very business like. In fact it was a circus.

I would think Cleveland people are more upset about the way he left more than the fact he left. If he could just do it with minimum of the fuss and show some class to them then it wouldn't have come to this.

As it is, I find the whole thing pretty sad for both parties. For the neutral fans, Heat might just become the no.1 hated team in the NBA, since both Lebron and Bosh haven't made too many friends during this FA period. They are both quite drama queens to say the least.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's still Cavs fan or Cleveland fans fault for letting him do all that stupid bull****, nail biting, photo taking, dance **** he does.

Cleveland fan brought it on themselves with their witness bull****. King this and all that crap.

14. Amshirvani

Lol, touche my friend. Like I said I still despise Kobe for numerous reasons, though I guess in his defense that was all off-the-court stuff?

15. Amshirvani

Anyone been to the Cavs' forum at all? I wonder what's the general sentiment there besides the suicidal ideations and vows of vengeance

16. Bids9

Bids9 Member

I think this is quite possibly the truest comment ive ever read on Clutchfans.

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It would be the same if the Seattle Supersonics set up an hour long special on national television to dedicated solely to announcing whether or not they were trading Brent Barry.

Can you imagine if Hakeem would have done that at age 25? How would you feel as a fan? Then think how you would feel if you owned the team.

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Most of it has really been "I <3 Dan Gilbert" and the like

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Cavs fans should do this at 4:43 mark when LBJ is at the FT line:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-u3QLDRCk4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-u3QLDRCk4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

20. angryman

angryman Contributing Member