1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PinoyRocket, Jul 8, 2010.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess thats the difference btw Bryant and Lebron

Former hates to be play second fiddle
    Latter welcomes the idea of playing with his US teammates

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Esp. considering they have as many championships as they did before he got there....

3. jason3333

jason3333 Member

amen brotha

4. pocketrocket81

I respect Lebron's "decision" to go to Miami. I am just curious as to why the heck he had to do a one hour special.To use an analogy,if your dating a woman for 7 years and call all of her friends and family together for a big announcement then you sure the heck wouldn't tell her in front of everyone that your dumping her for another woman. I feel bad for Cleveland.

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

All that talent on one team. We as NBA fans will not get to see a LeBron vs Wade rivalry, etc. I don't see how an NBA fan can be happy that 3 of the top 5 picks in the 2003 draft end up on the same team in their prime.

What happen to competing against the best? Let's say this Heat team pans out as planned. Would you be interested in seeing a Finals that consists of the Heat sweeping by blow out scores everytime?

It's very apparent that the competitive nature of today's players is not as strong as before. Sure a championship is a championship as LeBron said. But you can't tell me that winning one in your hometown is not sweeter than winning one in an assembled regular All-Star team.

6. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

I'll say it again, hats off to LeBron. For a guy who didn't go to college, he looked and sounded more classy than the Garnett's, Kobe's and even Jon Barry's silly question tonight. The way he answered to Jon's question he sounded more mature than ESPN's analyst.

7. anteaterz

anteaterz Member

former is not a backstabber and wins titles
    latter speaks of loyalty after selling out cleveland on national tv and has no rings

8. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

because there's too many questions to be answered. Did you see the reactions in Cleveland? he needs airtime to explain. I didn't like the idea before, I did have the same feeling as do but when I watched it, I realized that it's more than jsut wearing a new jersey.

9. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

I understand ppl love the sport and get emotionally engaged in everything....but if you truly, truly hate a player...then you need to a step back and chill.

What I love is seeing the expertise of talent and skill and that's why I'm going to love seeing this team play. I want to see what the three of the best players in the world look like playing together and how everyone else will play against them.

People that say they won't watch the NBA because of this...my god, it's just disgusting.

10. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I think there is clearly a double standard on the fans part on how they judge different moves. It is okay for teams to trade away any player that they wish and fans would rally behind that but when there does not appear to be any loyalty towards the player. You have to put yourself into the player's shoe and see if the decision make sense. As a player when you don't care about how people will look your legacy etc. and only care about winning the title, the choice is certainly clear for Lebron, it was either Chicago or Miami and I think you cannot totally go wrong with either one. I don't get this loyalty thing with Cleveland because organizations are almost never really loyal to the players so why do players have to be loyal. As someone else mentioned earlier, this could have profound effect on how future young players make their decision.

I applause the decision by Lebron, Brosh and Wade to play together to try to win multiple championships and I'll be rooting for them to win at least one championship.

Some fans are saying this is a bad decision because they will not get to see Lebron vs. Wade battle but once again they are looking at this from fans perspective. If as a player they do not have problem with playing with each other then we should not be criticizing the decision purely based on the idea that we wont get to see them battle each other. We'll hopefully get to see Kobe vs Lebron & Wade and to me that will be good enough.

11. SynergySin

SynergySin Member

Maybe you forgot Kobe's outcries to get some new people in or get him out.

I think Lebron handled the situation very well; he believes his future is brighter in Miami. I don't hate the guy for doing what he believes is the best for himself.

At the end of the day, he wants to win championships, and the Lakers are very formidable opponent. Personally, I'll look forward to watching these 3 go out there and work together; it'll be more interesting to see how teams like the Lakers react and play against them, and how our Rockets will go out and handle it.

On the other hand, ESPN showing Lebron the burning jersey was CLASSLESS though. I can't believe they did that. Lebron's reaction to that alone increased my respect for him as an athlete to respect as a person. It had to hurt him terribly to see that.

12. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

well put.

13. spysta

spysta Member

EXACTLY he fulfilled his obligations......

and a cut throat business man like dan gilbert trying to act high and mighty is just ridiculous

14. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

and eric spolestra is that crazy midget troll attached to jaba the hut.

15. sbyang

sbyang Member

I think Lebron set up this whole situation 3 years ago by telling everyone to do 3 year deals.

Lebron showed his basketball smarts by refusing to do it alone and joining up with high caliber teammates. Lebron showed his will to win by taking less money to sign with the heat.

16. Garner

Garner Member

Hats off to Durant for the way he handled his free agency by simply notifying the press of his extension. The guy is just a complete package. Great heart and brains and abilities.

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

I would love to see the Lakers vs. Heat match up in the finals. Kobe/Artest/Gasol vs. Wade/Bron/Bosh!!!

18. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

that's the diffeence between a star and a superstar. I don't think LeBron called for it, the business people are the ones who are calling this. Do you think these famous actors or celebrties are calling paparazi's to follow them? it's the result of being a great athlete.

19. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

I prefer to see rockets vs heat match up.

Yao/Battier/Ariza

20. BrooksnLowry

BrooksnLowry Member

Lebron/Wade/Bosh are not the enemy. The Lakers are the enemy. Remember that Rox fans.