1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How sweet is it going to be when Yao and company beat the Heat for a ring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Jul 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Probably most importantly, you have 2 of the 3 NBA Golden boys on the same roster. Do you think your really gonna get a evenly called game when its all on the line. You can forget about it!
    :([/QUOTE]
    Where is Tim Donahey when we need him? :p

2. angryman

angryman Contributing Member

I want to believe, but just imagining all those calls LBJ and Wade would get makes me want to kill a kitten or something.

3. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Blind Optimism

4. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

i'm pessimistically optomistic..thank you very much, buzz killington.

5. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

You will be suprised, the refs will be forced to not give alot of favorable calls, if anything happens, somebody will be picking up more fouls.

Personally, I don't think there team is going to be great.

Wade needs the ball, James needs the ball.....Bosh without ball = average defense.

I would be more worried, if they got a PF who does the dirty work.

6. amaru

amaru Member

After I saw Gasol "travel all the way from Spain" to put the lakers ahead by 4 in the finals..I'm not surprised by any superstar calls, or non-calls any more.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just let Lebron tuck the ball under his arm and just run w/ it lol

:(

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Apparently there are some people who believe Brad Miller will be a Heatian.

8. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

lol, jesus christ you are living in lala land!!!

Do you not remember Dwayne Wade and scrubs alone murdering us this year?

Now youre saying that you add the best player in history next to mj, AND chris bosh, and were gonna beat them?

you're delusional

9. thino

thino Contributing Member

i hope we get national coverage for this game.

10. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Question, when Lebron was on the bench and had the best record in the league the last two years in a row, who was running the floor? :rolleyes:

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He had a decent team of role players behind the scenes. With the recent trade of Beasily Miami now has $15 million to sign 10-12 players. Let's see what scrubs they get. Shaq and West are still better than the rest of the crap they will pick up with that chump change.

It takes 5 to win a ring, not 3 ball hogs.

12. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Still not worried..........I am more worried about the Lakers. One of the best front courts in the game, best 4th quarter closer and the best coach in the league, a team with more years in team chemistry.

Miami needs to prove they have one of the best D in the league, if they are going to win it all, as of right now I can't see that with their number 4 and 5 slot (even if they got Shaq or Brad Miller) and weak Bench.

I think the Celtics and Magics will make adjustments in this off season to counter the Heat.

1 person likes this.
  13. jwayne

jwayne Member

Ummm... it's called depth... A bunch of players are not going to chomp at the bit to go play for the minimum... I got news for everyone. Oh and injuries are part of the game...

14. redrush

redrush Member

Never ever!!

15. redrush

redrush Member

^^Stop believing of course

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Why do we have all these trolls on here laughing at the idea that we can beat the heat? Yes we can beat the Heat. People aren't taking into account that Miami only has 4 players on their roster. They are going to have to sign scrubs just to fill their roster. The Rockets have talented depth in which i will take over Miami's big three any day.

You have to believe. If you don't you are not a true Rockets fan.

17. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

Indeed it does, but i'm also of the notion and common sense that Miami will have a full roster. To simply state "what bench" and "they have no team" is just idiotic.

Because if anyone believes they won't have a full team come the first game of the season, i'd like to wager with that person.

And I'm not discounting the Rockets, I think that the Rockets with a healthy Yao can make a deep push into the playoffs.

I'm just not stupid enough to say the Heat won't win anything, or that they won't get any more players...yadda yadda yadda...

Everyone is assuming they are all going to sign for the MAX amounts they can...I'm willing to bet they don't, The Heat are going to free up money in other ways...

Also, the comparison to the Rockets with Chuck and Clyde, and the Lakers with Payton and Malone is just absurd...all of those guys were well past their respective primes. These three are all in or just getting to their primes.

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

If the Miami Threesome follows Boston's lead and concentrates on defense, then they'll be tough. Can you imagine trying to get through Chalmers, Wade, and LeBron? They obviously need a sterling defensive presence to go with Bosh since the Raptorian one is a sieve on defense. If they get a crazy defense going, then their title shot will be legitimate.

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

this is too funny, so many on this board said without bosh we cannot compete for a title, we need bosh to come here, he can be the man our leader, scola is nice but he wont cut it. hahaha and now you guys think we can own a team where bosh is the clear cut 3 fiddle and you think we will crush them...

ofcourse i have faith but this heat team will be a team to reckon with for the next 5 years.

20. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Really?

How many wins are lebrons former "great" teammates gonna get now that hes gone? As good as youre claiming they are, they should still be title contenders right? :rolleyes: