1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How sweet is it going to be when Yao and company beat the Heat for a ring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Jul 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

*Can't.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Do you think Chalmers is going to outplay AB or the the guy the Heat doesn't have at Center is going to beat Yao? What about the Heat's bench that doesn't exist? Will it defeat ours?

Basketball isn't 3 on 3 and the Heat have few resources to fortify spots 4-8 on the roster. They are not even a playoff lock much less a Championship lock.

1 person likes this.
  3. jedicro

jedicro Member

They will make the playoffs, don't be silly.

I do think they'll have a real hard time getting by Boston and Orlando. Teams with big men and strong defense.

I just hope that Bosh does end up being signed via S&T so that they lose those picks.

4. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

Does Chalmers have to outplay AB? Does their "whoever" it's going to be center have to outplay Yao?

What 3 do we have that are going to OUTPLAY their big 3? It goes both ways.

Are you seriously insinuating the absurd notion that the Heat won't have a full team to play with? That they will just roll out onto the court with 3 players?

The Heat will free up another 7 to 10 million...it IS going to happen, not to mention there will be plenty of guys willing to take the league bare minimum to play on this team and get a token ring.

I'm telling you, The Heat will have a seriously nice looking team when it's all send and done...Just WATCH it all unfold.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Do you really believe this?

Barring injury to the big 3, they're in with no doubt.

6. elindio23

elindio23 Member

heat win by 59

7. Rocketfanatic2

If we are fortunate enough to make the finals, I have a strong hunch that it won't be against the Heat. They'll have to get by both the Magic and Celtics first, and I don't think they match up well with both of those teams. However, if they were to make the finals and earn the right to play against us, I think we could easily take them, no doubt about it. It's been too long since our last ring, so why not win it this year.

8. Rocketfanatic2

Yao plans on shooting more 3's this year? SWEET!!!! ;)

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

umm...how about no?

10. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i believe. this offseason isn't over yet... and i want to see this team healthy.

superstar teams don't always work. i remember the rockets having chuck hakeem and clyde. and the lakers having payton, malone, shaq, and kobe. maybe on the latter part of 30... where in this case lebron d-wade and bosh are heading into their prime... hmmm

the point is there is ONE basketball. heat are no LOCK for nba supremacy yet. let's see what team they put together around these guys.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It does go both ways, so you essentially debunked the notion that a currently 5 man team is going to stream roll anyone.
    I guess I prefer to have optimism for my team. I will watch it all unfold; I will watch every team gun at Miami like they have a target on their backs. They will never have a game off, and those shaky reserves they pick up are going to falter.

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Yao will dominate whatever crappy center they will hire.
    Scola owned Bosh in the Olympics.
    Battriza will contain LeBron.
    Martinger will wear Wade out on the defensive end.
    Brooks will go off for 30 every time.

1 person likes this.
  13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think the Rockets match up extremely well. Yao and Scola should have a field day on Bosh and scrub. AB will also tear Chalmers apart. Battier will contain either Lebron or Wade. Ariza can attempt to play D, while Martin and Bud wear them out on defense. I actually like the matchup.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

With the 5 players they currently have, LeBron/DWade/Bosh combo will have to play 40-48 min per game. That will have its toll. Houston has the right idea by scaling back Yao's minutes, Miami has it ass backwards.

Look at this startling statistic:

Year Team G Min
    1996-97 LAL 71 15:30
    1997-98 LAL 79 26:00
    1998-99 LAL 50 37:53
    1999-00 LAL 66 38:12
    2000-01 LAL 68 40:53
    2001-02 LAL 80 38:17
    2002-03 LAL 82 41:30
    2003-04 LAL 65 37:36
    2004-05 LAL 66 40:42
    2005-06 LAL 80 41:00
    2006-07 LAL 77 40:47
    2007-08 LAL 82 38:53
    2008-09 LAL 82 36:06
    2009-10 LAL 73 38:47
    Career 1021 36:36
    Those are Kobe Bryant's minute statistics. KB24 averages around 36 minutes per game. This is a perfect explanation of why the guy does not get injured and why LA does so well. Remember when clutch was trying to sell the idea of Houston to Bosh? Remember when he said "this will be you on the bench enjoying the 4th quarter with Yao on the bench"? This is because Houston has a good back up cast of characters. Houston's B-team can contend with some of the league's A-team's. Miami's B-Team will be a veritable cast of nobodies. LeBron and the other stooges will have to play basically every game like its a game 7. On an 82 game scale, that doesn't work. Unless the big 3 are willing to take a paycut, Miami has to sign 8 players to $10 million or less. You show me a good supporting cast that has it's entirety of roll players being paid out to $10 million or less.

At the end of the day, this team has a lot of hype, but no leader, no role player, and no real coach (unless Riley takes the helm). This team has a lot go against it, even with the greatest athlete in the world on its side.

15. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

The nut huggers will line up to get on this team for vet min. They will have a decent team definitely a Heat hater, really don't want to have to cheer for the Celtics again.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Think about the orders that David Stern will give to officiate D-Whistle style --Lebitch and D-Whistle drawing all those fouls and that will rub off on Chrissy Botch too. :mad:

1 person likes this.
  17. htown88

htown88 Member

I believe... we need a backup center and secure our free agents and we will be fine.

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Put Tyson Chandler on this squad...Rox sweep the playoffs

Fo, fo, fo and fo.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Name names. Who?

Wallace: retired.
    SheMac: currently in Zurich getting his sex change.
    Pierce: Stayed Celtic Green.
    Steve Francis: who is that now? (that one hurt me a little)
    Shaq: haha, like Riley would welcome him back.
    RJ: Will be a spur

I agree, there are nut huggers, but who?

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Last play of the game, random scrub passes the ball in, Wade, James and Bosh fights for it, buzzer.