1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Possible multiple team deal bringing Tyson Chandler to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mollamar, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

The trio in Miami is happening regardless of if we make this deal or not. Why would we not try to improve our team?

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

he is a big upgrade. dominant rebounder and great defender when healthy. i would be extremely happy if this deal materializes. another random morey deal that seems to be very positive.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's expiring and he's publicly stated that he'll take nothing less than the MLE. I believe this was met with a collective yawn up here in Dallas.

4. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Wait, does Toronto even have to be involved? I mean, from them being in on that deal, only them and Bosh benefit (Which is why I have no clue why'd they'd be so stupid). With a three team deal, Miami still gets rid of Beasly and creates cap room without having to give up draft picks, Charlotte still gets what they would get before, and we still get the same. If Toronto doesn't want to do it for some stupid reason, is there any reason we couldn't just do a 3 team deal?

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Intangible: CP3 and Chandler are good buddies

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

wait, so you won't buy league pass to watch the rockets succeed, but you would to LOL at their failure? some fan you are.

7. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Chandler is a huge upgrade as a back-up center and could also play next to Yao "when size matters" ... only given up Jeffries is awesome! :grin:

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

So you are happy to trade Jared Jeffries for another version of Jared Jeffries and that's OK?

9. BrooksnLowry

BrooksnLowry Member

alanhahn:

Hearing Miami is close to completing a three-team deal to move Michael Beasley and get a trade exception back to open up more cap space.

10. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Yea but were getting a decent defensive back up center by giving up jared jeffries

11. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

We wouldn't trade just Chandler+Battier. They would just be in there so the salaries were matching, and they would still be expirings so it wouldn't hurt Denver. We'd probably also throw in draft picks and probably Hill or Patterson or Buddinger or someone like that. Its just, we couldn't trade JUST those picks and young players because salaries wouldn't match.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No, sign Luis and book Miller. Thanks.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is Hillboy for you. He's irrational and full of anger and bitterness. I think if the Rockets or Texans actually win a title in the future he might just shoot himself.

Hillboy, calm down. If you just wash it in the sink the itch will go away. So I hear.

1 person likes this.
  14. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

i hope this aint the only move of the offseason

15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Yes. Though I'd argue hes better than Jeffries. And not only that, but we need a back-up C and don't need a back-up SF, this saves us the MLE that we would spend on a back-up C, and Chandler's expiring contract is bigger which gives us more options in trades. How does this not benefit us?

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You're not seriously saying that Tyson Chandler is another version of Jarrad Jeffries.

Seriously, you've made a lot of ridiculous, hyperbolic statements which, if taken seriously, would suggest a serious lack of NBA knowledge. But this would easily top them.

#196 dharocks, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  17. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

People keep bringing up he is injury prone
    1)but he won't be playing 36 minutes a night.
    2)If he did get hurt well he is coming of the books anyways after this year. 3)He might not be an offensive threat but he is a great defender with size.

I will take him!

18. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

The point of bringing up Melo is that Melo is considered a star of the league.

I only brought his name up, in that the money we would have free'd up making this move would make going after Melo an option to look at. BUT, don't assume that only Chandler and Battier would be discussed in getting Melo...

It could be any number of players, money, or other options...

But really it was just an idea.

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Chandler + Miller and we're ready to compete. Hopefully, James don't go to HEAT...OR else we're going to have to sign Carmelo.

20. 757

757 Member

So if this trade happens, what happens with our talks with Brad Miller? Maybe this is Morey's way of definitely being able to re-sign Scola and Lowry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.