1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

was mirsad ever really a rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by red, Aug 29, 2002.

1. red

red Contributing Member

this is from espn on which top international players are in the world championships...

i dont remember mirsad ever lacing them up for the rockets...???

Mirsad Turkan
    Position: Forward.
    NBA team: None.
    The Skinny: The former first-round pick of the Rockets never really got it together in his three-plus years in the NBA. After two miserable seasons in Houston and a brief stint in New York, Turkan returned to Europe to work on his game. The improvement, according to scouts, is dramatic. Turkan took home Euroleague MVP honors last season and may be just a year away from trying his hand at the NBA again. He's a solid outside shooter and always plays hard.

2. cambyrd

cambyrd Member

Turkan's two miserable seasons in Hou.

Am I missing something here? I thought he was never even on the Rockets' roster. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Oh and they talked about Yao Ming too.

"China
    Yao Ming
    Position: Center.
    NBA team: Rockets.
    The Skinny: Yao might be a bigger draw than Team USA and the rest of the NBA international players combined. The China-U.S. exhibition game was nice, but we want to see Yao in a real game. Sure, he played against the United States in the 2000 Olympics, but he was just 19 years old then. Yao's first game is against Germany. We were looking forward to a stellar Shawn Bradley-Yao matchup, but with Bradley off the team, look for Yao and Nowitzki to mix it up in the middle. But the big date is Saturday when China meets Team USA. "

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He was traded not too long after being drafted in order to make room for Pippen. He never played for the Rockets, so that is pretty odd.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

this is a classic example of how the Euroleague MVP means ****. The best Euro players are coming to the states at very early age. They are doing well, so now we think that the MVPs over there are NBA material.

no likely.

NBA material comes here at age 19-21.

5. corby

corby Contributing Member

I thought we were supposed to have gotten a first-rounder from Philly or New York in exchange for Turkcan. Whatever happened to the pick?

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe that was the pick we sent to Atlanta for Terence Morris.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

Turkcan never actually played a game for the Rockets. The Rockets did trade his rights. He will always be remembered as the guy the Rockets passed on Rashard Lewis for.

8. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

no offense, but does this really deserve topic?

I know that news is kinda light right now, but discussions about a player who never really made it to a photoshoot are just out of bounds IMHO...

I am just chomping at the bit for the real stuff...I am sorry for my comments. I want the season to start now and this stuff is boring...

:(

9. CoPilot

CoPilot Member

Arent we only suppose to talk the team now or the team players shoe contracts...or the teams pictures...or the PS2 game about the team of today...we are not suppose to talk about anything but Rockets of the here and now.....OOPS but that would mean no more talk of The Dream...or Clyde...Or the Chuckster...or Horry..or any player that was on team last year...Just this year shoe contract or next years staduim or this years PS2 game...gezzzs you people need to ligten up about the subjects and let the thread die because if its not something most dont want to talk about it will die....:cool: