1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Should We Go For Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Big MAK, Jul 7, 2010.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think you need to brush up on your NBA players and actually realize which description goes with which player.

2. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

This is true. Although the comparison was inaccurate enough it could cause some confusion.

3. steddinotayto

How is it inaccurate? Al Jefferson is a beast on the offensive side and his defense is as bad as Amare's. Nene is a defensive workhorse that really don't have any go-to moves.

4. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I'm gonna be more clear. Al Jefferson's defense has never been widely criticized. And you would be hard pressed to find any player in the NBA throughout history who puts up 23 and 11 and plays lock down D. Energy is focused on one end or the other by every player in the NBA. Some don't even bother on the other (Amare)...others still have a presence, they just aren't dominant. Especially with big men, what PF/C manages both lock down D and constant point and rebound production?

Anyways he averages almost a couple of blocks a game, you don't get that at 6' 9"-6' 10" by just not trying....

5. steddinotayto

Jefferson's defense has never been widely criticized?

Draft Express

Bleacher Report

Kelly Dwyer

6. DJ5THWARD

DJ5THWARD New Member

I think the best FA pickup would be Shaq.

7. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

OK well you just quoted the Bleacher Report. So the disagreement is over. I win.

Anyways, not matter what you say. Al Jefferson's defense is not abysmal....he isn't a stalwart, but he also isn't afraid on putting a body on someone. In other words, he isn't a liability....I don't care what sort of fan articles you pull up that say otherwise.

8. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

MICHAEL BEASLEY

9. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Actually I´d stay put... resign Scola and Lowry, try to get a veteran C like B. Miller to backup Yao and see how the season goes. Perhaps something comes up at the trade deadline (Chris Paul?), perhaps we get a good lotterypick next year... perhaps we get a whole new team next year and Yao won`t be back.

I´m excited for our young team and the talent we already got - if we can`t get someone who really helps us at a reasonable price we should just stay put!

10. steddinotayto

LOL you win because I can find reports on his defense being atrocious? Are you going to dismiss my post and claim victory despite the fact that Draft Express, guys that actually scouts and reports on players, said he's a bad defender? Even DaDakota wouldn't be that hardheaded.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

An athletic, good- sized big man like Luke Harangody.

12. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

All you Bosh coming to Houston believers I told you so!!!

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What about a rebounding monster like Andrea Bargnani? He complements Yao's game very well.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well since someone removed my Anthony's thread, i'll just put my opnions everywhere else. It's one stop shopping in G. State. We can get our backup to Yao in Biedrins, a Bosh-like PF in Randolph and another PG/SG in Morrow. Maybe Battier + Jeffries and picks would get it done.
    Maybe we should try to get one of either Gasol or Thabeet from Memphis. They are loaded at the 5 currently.
    Furthermore, why would they remove my thread when the garm was inundated with many other useless threads about Bosh and Jefferson? Not only is it not fair, but it doesn't make sense. :confused:

15. ThatsMeJV

ThatsMeJV Member

I say we pursue Jermaine O'neal... the guy had a pretty good year last season, and barely missed any games due to injury... according to ESPN hes willing to sign with Dallas, Denver, or Boston for just a portion of the mid level exception.. if we can get him for that price I think he's well worth it.. he could play along side Yao and back him up at Center too... I say hed be well worth it.

16. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Sounds a lot like a replay of the last few months.

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Scola and Lowry.

18. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

+1 for Al Jefferson > Bosh

Bosh thinks he's Lebron. But he ain't. He's big bird.

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

A replay of the last few years you mean by doing nothing and striking out?

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Jefferson's got one reliable post move, the "push" jump hook. He's very good at, but it doesn't create that many problems for the defense. He won't draw fouls with it, nor double teams. Forget him having any face up game. When teams do decide to double him, he has problems passing out of it. His 20/10 doesn't have nearly the amount of impact that Yao's does.

Jefferson's midrange game is actually very weak too. He won't fit next to Yao. They command the same spots on the floor, unless you want Yao to take more jumpers. Jefferson's a good big man overall, but I just don't see him as a major upgrade over Scola.