1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh or Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao#1, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houston_Rockets

If we get that horrible Okafor contract it is possible, actually, it is highly possible

But the question is Okafor is a C, he doesn´t have mid-range, can he play PF??? Do you pay 11M to a guy, to be a backup C???

PeAcE

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

NO has already stated Chris Paul is not going anywhere, Chris Paul hasnt requested a trade...so what makes you think it will happen? Their gonna say hey lets trade a top 5 player in the league for what exactly? Lets trade the only reason our fans come to see us, inside our division, for what exactly?

They would want brooks, martin, hill and budinger at thats just starting what exactly do you think chris paul can be had for that makes him a realistic possibility?

3. Houston_Rockets

Okafor horrible contract???

PeAcE

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They wouldn't want Martin because they wouldn't want Big salary coming back.

Trade AB, Hill, Bud, expirings, picks and take back Okafor, Paul and maybe someone else.

They save money and prepare to sell the team. NO will not be the home of the Hornets in 2 years. Same as The Sonicerrrr OKC.

5. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

yeah go ahead and ignore that they have said they will not trade him, and that chris has never said he wants to be traded. get real

6. REEKO_HTOWN

Get real? Remember when Sac said repeatedly they weren't trading Kevin Martin?

Guess who asked them enough times and gave them something to chance their minds?

D. Morey.

7. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I almost wish this weren't being discussed here. I think that CP3 is a viable target for the Rockets and I like the fact that DM keeps all deals hush hush. So lets talk quietly please.

NO wants to save money, they have a great replacement for CP3 already and we could give them Lowry or Brooks as a starter/backup PG. If we can provide them with salary relief and the APPEARANCE of value in the talent we give them to round out the deal we might be able to pull this off. Teams looking to save money love draft picks because they give the fans hope and we have draft picks.

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

kevin martin is not anywhere near chris pauls level, plus they had already determined they were going to build around evans, and that him and martin couldnt coexist. you build around chris paul, so comparing these 2 situations is a fail.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Chris Paul is WAY better than Chris Bosh.

DD

10. REEKO_HTOWN

Well, ****. I guess I should stop posting on an INTERNET message board because having ideas and posting opinions as far out as they may seem is useless..........

11. Houston_Rockets

No question about that, the problem is, the cost of trading for him, is WAYYY bigger

That is why this question has to be included...

Would you take Okafor contract, so that the price of trading for Paul decreases????

PeAcE

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

CP3 makes $14 million. Okafor makes $11.5 million. Okafor is not worth $11.5 million. But CP3 is worth more like $18-$20 million. If you were paying CP3 $18 million, would Okafor be worth about $7 million per. Maybe slightly overpaid for Okafor at that figure, probably more like $5 million per year. But I could very easily make a case that CP3 is worth $20 million per year. In any case, I think if there is a deal to be made for CP3, that Morey will make it. Even if it meant taking on Okafor.

Another possibility looming is DWill. IF..Utah loses Boozer and doesn't find a big replacement for him, and if they come out of the gate weak and DWill is having to carry them, I can see the possibility of him either requesting a trade or not being willing to sign an extension so he can get out of there. That is down the road a few months to a year, but very feasible that he could be on the market. He is a top 3 point guard, at the very least.

13. DaDakota

Yes.

DD

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You absolutely take on Okafor if it lands you Chris Paul. You take on Okafor, Turkey-Glue and Kelvin Cato's contract to land Chris Paul.

15. DaDakota

Yep.

DD

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Turkey-Glue...TMac...Chow Ming....that's a lot of food there.

How about Shane Potatoes and Luis Coca Cola....

Dont' forget Steve Frenchfries.

17. BrooksnLowry

BrooksnLowry Member

NO does not want to trade Paul. He was almost traded to Portland on draft night but was declined.

"ESPN.com's Chad Ford is talking free agency today but took a moment to describe the Trail Blazers' big deal that nearly was last week:

The Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would've sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to NO for Paul before Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal saying that their owner wasn't ready to trade Paul. The trade they made on draft night got them out of the luxury tax, so that's no longer the issue. The issue is whether Paul is no unhappy enough to force a trade. Personally I think the Hornets can do better than that for Paul, but it's a viable deal."

They DO NOT want to trade Paul. Hence, we are not getting him.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

What if The Hornets suck really bad to start the season? what about the trade deadline?

The point is things change and what if Paul asks to be traded?

19. BrooksnLowry

BrooksnLowry Member

Even if they do want to trade him, why would they trade him to a division rival like us?

I think we have a better shot at getting Granger.

20. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

dude Chris Paul is not going anywhere. Stop all this nonsense. Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.