1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets should try and get Dale Davis from Portland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by costashater2, Aug 27, 2002.

1. costashater2

costashater2 Member

I think Dale Davis would be a perfect fit, He could do all the physical work and allow Ming to play his finnese game. The Rockets could trade Mo Taylor for him and that would make the Rockets a force in the high powered west. The Rockets need to gear up as much as they can with the west being so rough. The Kings are the best team and they are loaded at every posistion, The Lakers have the refs on their side but maybe that will change with all the focus on the blantant cheating in last years west finals. Dallas is 12 men deep and the Spurs are better with Willis.
    Dale davis is the missing link that will get the Rockets back in the playoffs and at least a semifinals showdown with one of the top 3.

2. mrbasketball

mrbasketball Member

Good idea.. How about Dale Davis and Bonzi Wells for Mo Taylor and Glen Rice??

Rox

Ming
    Davis
    Wells
    Mobeley
    Francis

with super sub Griffen coming off the bench

3. aznlincolnpark

I dont think blazer to trade bonzi wells, He will have a max contract with blazer..

4. because24

because24 Member

A trade that the blazers might go for is KT and Cato for Davis.
    For the comment that Bonzi will sign a max extension contract is not quite right. It was reported on ESPN insider that he is currently looking for a contract starting at 6mil. a year, with the Blazers. Though they have been trying to ship him off in some kind of trade.

5. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

good call on Davis...though KT and Cato for him is steep.....Davis averages 9/8 over his career....you are giving up 7/7 and 9/6, though I know it is a roster chemistry move too...

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

costashater2: I dont like your idea of a trade for Davis. Let our young team develop their own Chemistry, just leave them alone and give them a chance.Davis is an aged Center,which we dont need at present. After this season then the Management can do some tweeking here and there.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yetti, I agree with you here. But if there is a chance to swap Davis and Cato, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

8. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Why would the Blazers want Cato at his current high salary when they had him at the minn before the Quitten trade?

It would be like trying to trade MoT to the Clipps.

:confused: :confused:

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah,Portland won't take Cato back.They would rather bring back Sabonis.Dale Davis is a physical player but he is starting to slow down.The Blazers may agree to take KT but I don't think they will give up Davis for him. I think they want to give Randolph a chance as a backup to Wallace. Mo-T will be hard to trade as he is just coming off a major injury.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I think Davis is a good player and would bring playoff experience to the Rockets. However, I think the Rockets should just pat theirselves on the back for a great offseason and see what the players we have now can do.

11. costashater2

costashater2 Member

Dale davis is not a center he is playing out of posistion that is why it would be a perfect fit for the Rockets becasue right now they have no power forward. Just a bunch of imitators trying to play the big forward spot. Davis would be crucial in providing muscle because Ming is really weak at this point in his NBA career.
    Davis is also a winner something the Rockets dont have right now he can point the way for the youngsters.

12. Stevie Francis

i like it. He could be a great back up for ming, and take ming and eddie to the weight room

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

So the Blazers trade an out of position player for another one (KT at PF)?

14. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The dude was old a few years ago plus we have 5 very young to relatively young players who can play his position--power forward or center. Since he isn't even a free agent (we would have to give up younger players), he isn't even worth consideration given where we are as a franchise. Why try to win a few extra games this year and maybe the next by giving up players who might contribute for the next 8 or so years and be a part of a seriously opposing nucleus down the line.

15. Drex22

Drex22 Contributing Member

Doesn't Davis make way too much money?

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Damn, talk about a lopsided trade! I know a guy in the sim leagues who would probably do that trade...too bad he is not the GM of the Blazers instead of Bob Whitsett.:(

17. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

I don't think Dale Davis is the answer. I think if we were to trade either Kenny or Mo that it would have to be for a young stud. Davis is getting up there in years so I don't think it'd be smart for the Rockets to trade a young guy for an old veteran. Davis is way past his prime, and I think the best numbers he could put up this year is 12 points and 6/7 boards. Mo and Kenny T will give you a whole lot more of offensive production and, even though Mo isn't a beast on the boards, you have Eddie and Yao to take in the rebounds.