1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Satellite OR Cable?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lionheart, Aug 29, 2002.

1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I live in Houston and have Time Warner digital cable. NBAtv does come in here. For about 60 dollars a month you will be able to see all Rocket games between Fox Sports Southwest and whatever local channel shows the Rocket road games this year. If you want to see OTHER NBA games every night then you will need League Pass.

I have known several people with satellite who have had problems with reception. I`m not saying that cable doesn`t because sometimes under extreme rain and lightning the picture will start to hang slightly every few seconds but that`s about the worst problem I`ve had with it.

I think that right now cable is the most dependable provider. Who would want to miss a big game just because it`s raining.

On the digital issue, theres only a few channels being broadcast in digital right now(mostly local vhf stations). Also on Techtv the other day someone was saying that even though channels are broadcast in digital once it gets to your home receiver it converts
    to analog for the output to your tv so your really not getting a true digital picture now anyway.

Hope this helps you decide whats right for you.

2. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

To get NBA TV, Do you have to get League Pass?

With your Warner Digital Cable, what channel is NBA TV on?

3. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

No, I do not have League Pass and I do get NBAtv.

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

NBA.com TV is Channel 600 on my digital cable box from Time Warner.

5. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Thank you.

I will be getting an HDTV soon and I have Dish Network now. I will be changing to Warner Digital with HDTV because they have the most Channels in digital HD format than anybody else. Which includes ABC. Hopefully ABC will pick up a few Rocket games.