1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOXSPORTS] Amar'e, Knicks a bad fit

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 6, 2010.

1. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

isn't denver trying to resign carmello right now?

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

The 'fit' isn't the problem, necessarily. Amare will be fine. Probably not quite as good as he was in Phoenix, but he'll still get his 20/9. He'd probably play well and be an asset anywhere. The problem is that he really doesn't address the team's needs. He's just not that big of an upgrade, production-wise, over the guy they had already.

This was a signing intended to improve fan confidence and to lure another big name to NY. If the Knicks aren't able to get another big name... Well, let's just say I don't think fan confidence will see much improvement.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lmao, that might be one of the best i didnt read gifs of all times!

4. txtodd

txtodd Member

Right. All I know is we were 0-4 against Phoenix last year and dude scored about a billion points. Glad he's in the East now.

5. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

crank it then lmao

seriously tho this is doomed from the moment Amare agreed to terms, hes jus not a winner.. but a good complimentary piece to great players

6. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

basically is lateral movement, Amare is more athletic, Lee is the better all around player, both are bad on defense but Lee at least had a high motor and wasnt lazy and nisnt a diva, thats why I think they got worse with Amare

7. worzel gummidge

Mike James called him a diva who doesn't play hard all the time

8. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

This is another consequence of the original sin that NY made when they telegraphed to the world that they were going to go for 2 superstars including LBJ in 2010. This allowed us to take NY's lunch money in dumping t-mac and forced them to take an overrated, but big name player in Stoudamire. NY has no plan B outside of landing 2 big name players and that desperation has allowed teams and players to exploit their front office.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I can see this and the article is spot on...what a massive waste of $$$ for someone who isn't even that good..

btw, did you ever go back and bang the model like I suggested? ;)

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

and even then, let's say he gives ny 3 great years......year 4 sucks, but year 5 he becomes a valuable expiring contract

what is the author's standard for bad fit? if the knicks make the 2nd round is it still a bad fit??

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If the Knicks go to the lottery again, it's a bad fit.

12. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

foolio, that was a decent read. it dogs NY and Amare, and gives hope that their picks might still be gold.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

In a vacuum, if Amare doesn't make the Knicks significantly better than they would by just bringing back DLee, he's a bad fit. Add to that the fact that there should be significant concerns about his future health... Well, I'm not going to say 'Antonio McDyess', but...

14. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

Exactly. Amare will perform but New York is still an unattractive destination because compared to other teams, they don't have many assets. Stoudemire, Gallinari and Chandler? Gallinari and Chandler play the 3 and 4, and therefore will sitting on the bench and won't have a significant impact.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i actually did. if you recall she liked me but i was in a long term relationship... well my gf left me like a week later so i ended up dating the model for a few months.

but back on track with this convo, i'm listening to espn radio in NY and they are suggesting that this signing alone makes the knicks a top 5 team in the east! lol

#35 smoothie, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  16. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

LOL. Yes NYC is where the $$$ ISN'T. State income tax + no 6th year (about $30 million). :rolleyes:

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Who do they think they have? Duncan? :grin:

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they're saying even without lebron or wade, all they need is a PG (felton, ridnaur) and they can win the division haha. maybe even get to the second round.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Unlike Lee, Amare might help attract a star. Maybe that's how NY sees it.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I guess after watching two years of trash, Knicks fans have lost their minds. Ridnour doesn't have the heart to be the starting PG of a serious team. At some point during the season, he will crater like a house of cards. I hope the Knicks overpay him. At best, he's a backup on a good team.

Felton would be a better choice but he's no great shakes and wants a boatload of money.