1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aldridge and Ford chats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kayman, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Check the chat transcripts of Ford and Aldridge on ESPN.com. Several references of the Rockets.

DA thinks Yao will aveareg 13pts and 7 boards, and the Rockets won't make the playoffs. Thinks Olowakandi is better than Yao right now.

CF reiterates the Rockets are no-go for Lewis because they won't give up Griffin. Mocks the Bradley_yao matchup (that's not going to happen) as classic, tells Yao to stay away from ben Wallace.

Other stuff:
    Wang Zhi-Zhi, one of the teams rumored for the S&T is Toronto. Looks like the Dream rumor was for real.
    Stodamire for Brandon deal still possible. That would make Minnesota better, bad for Rockets.

2. Stylez

Stylez Member

If Ming can avg. 13 & 7 we WILL make the playoffs. Wallace might wanna stay away from Ming after he was rejected and right now I thin Kandi is better than Ming. In a year that won't be the case so I'm not worried too much.

The TWolves getting Stoudamire doesn't worry me too much. Last yr. a healthy Brandon averaged more points and more assists and DS rarely got crucial min. in the 4th last yr as they elected to let Pip run the point to close out games so how good could DS really be?

3. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

13 and 7 in 25 minutes would be awesome. With that coming from our 5 should definitely put us in the playoffs. Now we just have to 'put it together' :cool:

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

To be better than Kandi, all Ming would have to do is score 12 points per game, get 9 rebounds per game, shoot better than 43% from the field, shoot better than 63% from the line, get more than 1.8 blocks per game, and get more than 1 assist per game. The only thing I can see Ming having trouble doing is the 9 rebounds per game, but he should be able to surpass Olowokandi with ease in every other category. Yao will be better than Olowokandi this season.

5. Stevie Francis

man people just don't respect the rockets.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with Stylez,getting Stoudamire for Brandon won't help the Timberwolves much although he is younger than Brandon.
    Kandi is better than Ming because his low post game and physical strength is more advanced than Ming along with his experience of playing in the NBA.
    If Ming overcomes his weaknesses he could become a better player than Kandi in the next 3 years.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Lets see, these talking heads already have Jay Williams as one of the elite PGs in the NBA and he hasn't played a second yet, and they think Kandi is better then Yao because he actually decided to play hard for a part of a season, a season that happened to be his contract year? Then they think he'll average 13 ppg and 7 rpg on a team that needs frontcourt help YET don't think they'll make the playoffs? And Ford is an idiot I take what he says with a grain of salt. But I'd love to see who they think will finish ahead of the Rockets in the playoff chase, especially since Utah lost Donyell Marshall and Seattle may lose Rashard Lewis, and the Clippers have lost McGinnis, Miles and Odom.

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Where is all of this praise people are heaping on Kandi and how great he is coming from? I'm not sold on how advanced his skills are and his post game is. For his career he averages 9.7 ppg 7.8 rpg, 1.6 bpg and shoots 43% from the field which is horrid for a center and 58.7% from the line is also horrid. His best season was last year where people are raving about him, yet he averaged 11 ppg, 8.8 rpg and 1.8 which is nice but not as advanced and dominant as people say. Also he only shot 43.3% from the field, if his lost post game was dominant he would have shot far better then that! He also only averages 1.1 assists per game. Where is his offensive game?