1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] Houston After David Lee?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Breaker, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I think he was trying to say either Scola OR Brooks. IMO not Brooks. That would only leave us with Lowry. Scola would be a nice trade, Lee is only 27. Great player. We could add someone else and maybe get Danilo?

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Exactly, not that id agree with the move but is that what NY is asking for?

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

David Lee can make you forget about Chris Bosh (whose tweet crap and media whoring are getting really annoying). If Morey can somehow land Lee in Houston, that will be a coup of the decade.

#63 wnes, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This cant be further from the truth...nobody in the NBA can average double digit rebounds if they dont know how to box out. He's also 6'9, which means that he doesnt have any height advantage against most PFs and Centers...so criticizing anything that has to do with him rebounding is silly.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

David Lee would be an EXCELLENT Plan B to Bosh.

Great rebounder, defends the PNR well, great PNR finisher, not great at defending 5s but solid against 4s, and he can slide over to the 5 when Yao sits (or gets injured)

Oh, and we probably wouldn't have to give up Scola, Ariza and Battier to get him.

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No, thanks. Given that his "market value" this summer (being how much he could get paid as an unrestricted free agent in a year where so many teams have max cap room) is so much higher than Scola's, it would only serve to hamper the Rockets' salary cap flexibility this season and, more importantly, next summer.

I'd rather have Scola at even $9M than have Lee at $12M. And I think the Rockets should be able to get Scola for less than $9M, since he's restricted.

7. mms

mms Member

Lee is good but he is only 6-9 and unable to block shots. Can't say he is a big upgrade over Scola.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Since Lee is a starter they probably want a starter in return. Assuming they have Amare locked up, they appear to be set at SF (Chandler/Gallinari) and PF. They are really hurting at PG and C. I don't see a Yao for Lee going down in any stretch of NYK's homerism world. So that leaves Brooks and filler for Lee. That would really leave us thin at PG with only Lowry on the roster - assuming he's signed. I'm not sure where we'd get another PG from but we would have some trade pieces if we could find a partner.

9. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

Lee, much like Bosh, is more of a ballhawk than a positional rebounder. While the do box out, they just as often forget the defending/boxing entirely and go chase after the ball. I'm not saying this inflates their number - clearly it works - but does leave an opening for them to allow Orebs if the ball bounces a different way. Other players are hammered at a young age about boxing out and stay with their cover. It's why both of them are average defenders as well, as they can sometimes concede easier shots by thinking about the rebound way too soon.

10. Garner

Garner Member

6-9 is the true height for a PF.

For those of who have decided that Lee is only a slight upgrade over Scola, you also need consider that Scola has pretty well hit his ceiling whereas Lee is just entering his Prime.

An additional $3 Mil for Lee, as Bima suggested, may be worth that increase in potential. Just a thought.

Oh, and where is the Trade suggestions thread? I guess i'm overlooking it. Would someone mind bumping it for me? Thanks.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

His only slightly better than Scola, so I don't see why his even being considered.

--RB

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

This sentiment has been echoed by a number of posters in this thread, and it's simply not true. Oh, and he's three years younger.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He has a great skill-set but he doesn't address what we immediately need.

He may have more to offer offensively than Scola, but he is redundant in size.

We need size, plain and simple.

I would be more than satisfied with Bosh and Brad Miller as our main pieces this summer.

****Also, give Jarvis Hayes the minimum. I've followed the guy for years. Intangibles...

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

For Scola straight up and some fillers wouldnt be bad. Would upgrade the rebounding and scoring a little. As long as fillers dont mean Budinger or Some starter or Hill back. Lee is almost a sideways move. Maybe a small percentage better than Scola? Maybe?

15. worzel gummidge

Lee can play minutes at SF. Can he extend his range out to 3pt range? He's a guy who had Chuck Hayes range when he started.

I think Coach Pringles will play Gallo more at the 4 with or without Amare on board. At the Suns he had Amare at 5 and Matrix at 4.

IMO Scola-Lee would be Scolandry 2.0 with steroids.

It would be fun if Lee costs the Rockets a package of Patterson (redundant with Lee) + Taylor + Jeffries + Hayes/Andersen.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

That would be a real good deal worth exploring. I would go for that.

17. tosweet68

tosweet68 Member

I don't see that having much to do with it. I would not be surprised to see some team with cap space left, after losing out on the big names, throwing more money at Scola assuming the Rockets won't go that high to resign him.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Simply an agent trying to drive up the value of his client...

1 person likes this.
  19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Tweet and media whoring? what?

20. rocketnam

rocketnam Member

LEE WOULD BE A STEAL PICKUP IF POSSIBLE