1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh: how does this end?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jul 4, 2010.

Tags:
?

Bosh - how does this end?

1. Chi -SnT for Gibson, JJohnson and picks (Toronto caves)

24 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Chi -SnT for Noah and filler (Chicago caves)

25 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Chi - 5yrs/99MM (Bosh leaves money on the table)

19 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Miami - SnT for Beasley n Picks (Toronto caves)

42 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. Miami - 5yrs/99MM (Bosh leaves money on the table)

23 vote(s)
    8.4%
  6. Houston - SnT for Scola, Ariza, Hill and 2012 NY pick (Tor wins)

126 vote(s)
    46.0%
  7. NY - $5yrs/99MM

5 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. NJ: SnT for Favors (Toronto wins huge)

10 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Pocket Rockets

A former Rocket would disagree

2. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I did. My predictions have been in my sig for a while. But the rest of my predictions look like crap at the moment.

3. foo82

foo82 Member

How will we give up Scola? It makes no sense. First it will have to be a sign and trade which means scola must agree to the trade. Second, in order for Scola to agree, it means he must be paid a lot. Third, Toronto does not need another PF.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It has been posted numerous times that Colangelo doesn't want anything to do with Beasley.

5. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I still think of these options, Toronto would win bigger with Houston's offer than N.J.'s. Favors might be a terrific addition, but so might Hill. Hill's potential is huge and still untapped. Scola and Ariza are already good NBA players.

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Pretty good set of options... not everything but not bad.

Chi -SnT for Gibson, JJohnson and picks (Toronto caves)... Very Doubtful... First of all how do they swing a JJ three team deal. JJ has to agree to it and he never will. The rest doesn't matter after that. If you take JJ out of the equation and throw in Gibson plus 3 mil cash in some of kind of 3 way deal with portland so the get pryzbilla that becomes a lot more realistic but that's a whole different trade anyway

Chi -SnT for Noah and filler (Chicago caves)...... Very doubtful... Noah is a big who plays with a kind of fiery passion that Bosh will never possess. There team improves at PF but then has a gaping hole at the 5 and Bosh won't want that because he doesn't want to ever play the 5.

Chi - 5yrs/99MM (Bosh leaves money on the table)... Somewhere's between very doubtful to doubtful. Bosh leaves money on the table... Ha Ha Ha! Okay he would if he really had too but he doesn't. I think he would go to Miami alone in a SnT before he would do that.

Miami - SnT for Beasley n Picks (Toronto caves)
    Possible Although I think Toronto might not want Beasley. He still becomes an asset and if they can get their 1st pick back in the deal I think toronto does it. If it's the only option they would be stupid not to.

Miami - 5yrs/99MM (Bosh leaves money on the table)... Nope Very doubtful... Maybe if all 3 agree he might bite the bullet for less but already the word is out he won't. Still it has a slim chance to happen

Houston - SnT for Scola, Ariza, Hill and 2012 NY pick (Tor wins)... Possible Everyone knows why Houston would be advantageous for him but the things he won't like are Yao is very likely to get injured again he wants nothing to do with playing center. There is not another all star on the team which means it will all be on him. Unlike Tmac (joke) he doesn't want that burden. Finally Houston is a cool city but it's not Miami, Chicago, New York.

NY - $5yrs/99MM If Amare signs never... NY will not waste the remaining cap dollars on another PF and Bosh won't take them. If Amare doesn't sign and Bosh has to take less, Doubtful I am sure he would pick Chicago first. Noah is a real center.

NJ: SnT for Favors (Toronto wins huge)...
    Possible. I haven't given this much thought. Bosh along side Lopez is a real possibility. Favors and a future 1st is a good deal for toronto. Maybe the best considering they get a huge TE. The only downside is playing for a team that only won 12 games last year in the meadowlands will suck. But he will make them better and soon they will be in Brooklyn (maybe not as soon as they say).

Okay so given your scenarios I say it's a tossup between Houston and Miami both having the edge over NJ. Miami with Wade is a vision Bosh can be enticed by. Still Houston can win immediately with him. Where as NJ is a long way off even with him.

But they doesn't mean he has a 50% chance of coming here. I still think Chicago is the strongest player because they are the most formidable not named Houston and if Wade or Lebron sign too that will be a major coup that he will be hard pressed to pass. Plus I think in the end Toronto will take what they can get so they are not as much a factor as they bluff to be.

So there you have it, still back where we begin. Leaders Chicago Miami Houston with NJ looking just on the outside of that.

#46 Old Man Rock, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  7. Homey the Clown

Delusional Rockets fans rear their head once again. Bosh is not coming to Houston. He has nothing to gain by coming here lol. Are we a title contender if he comes here? I don't think so. Yao will get hurt 20 or so games into the season.

8. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

chrisbosh

Got the chance to clear my mind today. Church and Sunday dinner with the fam was awesome!

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

He'll go to Miami in some sort of sign and trade. Has Toronto officially come out and said they won't take Beasley?

10. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

..its ends with a splash.

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Isn't Scola a restricted free agent and can't we match any offer he gets? It's not like he can just leave if he wants to. I'm pretty sure he will be willing to work something out.

12. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I was referring to James Johnson.

13. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

In the case of Beasley or Ariza and/or Scola - if those deals happen - it's likely a 3rd team would be involved to take those two players. Toronto has no need for any of them and would prefer either a larger TPE, or have the sending team go out and find a deal with that asset. Same thing with Deng, actually.

Without a 3 way, I doubt any deal gets done with Houston at all.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

One team is going to be left in the cold, like this:

[​IMG]

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Like it always does. Morey talks a good game but then strikes out when he gets cold feet on the offers. We end up the same team. I am surprised we got Martin. Only because he was injury plagued and Landry was a huge loss though to us. So we really dont know how that deal turned out yet until martin makes it through next season.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You are talking absolute nonsense. Name a time that Morey got "cold feet" and prevented a deal from going through? Just one example, please.

I think Toronto will accept the Miami sign and trade because they can sell getting a former #2 pick and a trade exception to their fans better than the Rockets deal. Also, Bosh and Wade clearly want to play together at all costs.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Amare last year.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Right. Betterthan the Rockets deal. Exactly. Talked agood game but didnt deliver. Couldnt go all in with a Patterson, picks, Hill, and some others to match the other teams deals. Exactly. Cold feet like i said when he said he really wanted Bosh.

19. BMoney

Ok, so picking up Amare who was not going to resign with the Rockets, or undergo a physical examination on a team without Yao would have been a good move?

20. BMoney

Dude, you are getting hysterical. You don't have any clue what the Rockets are offering, or what the Raptors would accept. You are also assuming Bosh gave the thumbs up to the deal.